kamo kamo

chocolate16, Mar 22, 1:42am
x2
I just found it growing in my garden and decided to pick one, but how the heck do you cook it, can you roast it like pumpkin,

peaknuckle, Mar 22, 1:46am
I'm a bit boring but I loved it just boiled. Yum.

Others here though might know a different way.

chocolate16, Mar 22, 1:46am
what does it taste like,

vintagekitty, Mar 22, 1:46am
its nice with a cheese sauce

chocolate16, Mar 22, 1:51am
haha, i cant eat cheese, but awesome idea, thanks

babytears, Mar 22, 3:06am
x1
cut into big chunks, just cover with water and cook until soft. a bit of salt and butter and eat! ! !

packergirl, Mar 22, 3:22am
x1
Itry it boiled with garlic butter it was lovely must get some things week

chocolate16, Mar 22, 3:28am
x1
cool will try those thanks

margyr, Mar 22, 3:32am
x1
dont over cook it though.

pickles7, Mar 22, 4:00am
x1
pig food.

beaker59, Mar 22, 5:11am
x2
Cut in thin slices and fry lightly in butter until soft my fav, add to boil up near the end (traditional), add to any casserole stew etc near the end. or boil or steam til tender drain and melt a bitof butter over. Still some debate in this house weather you leave the seeds in or not but I leave them in and people make up thier own mind weather to eat them or not. Taste like a firmer creamier textured corgette really and highly recommended.

fruitluva2, Mar 22, 5:45am
Depends if its a big one or the best which the small ones. If they are big and old it's up to you whether you want to remove the seeds otherwise we eat the seeds on the small ones. Cook like babytears says. I mash mine in fresh butter most times.

lizab, Mar 22, 6:42am
x1
sorry, but I would have to agree with pickles - horrible stuff! ! My friend gave me some last year and told me to boil it and said it was beautiful ... I boiled it, mashed it with butter, served it and gave all the uneaten mash to the pigs! YUK! ! ! ! !

edited to add that all the uneaten mash that went to the pigs, was the entire lot I'd cooked - everyone hated it!

rebecca18, Mar 25, 2:44am
x1
I love to cook young kumikumi by cutting into chunks and steaming until very soft. A surprisingly delicious way of serving is to cut some nice feta cheese (Bouton D'or is good) into slightly smaller chunks and lightly mix with the steamed kumikumi and freshly ground pepper, no salt necessary due to the saltiness of the cheese. A bowl of this makes a wonderful lunch.
**do not peel the kumikumi but do use a very young fruit.

moetus, Mar 25, 4:59am
x1
Hi I still looking for someone to give me their kamo kamo pickle recipepls

lenart, Mar 25, 11:38pm
x1
I used to get free kamo kamo from people at work, but after I gave them a recipe for kamo kamo fritters I don't get them any more :)

Here is what you do:
Grate kamo kamo through the grater coarsly.
Add an egg, some flour, season with salt.
Make thick batter.
Fry on medium heat both sides.
Serve with sour cream or other topping.

As an option chopped onions or other additives added to batter.
Enjoy!

andy, Mar 13, 1:16am
I'd like to try stuffing and roasting a biggish kamo kamo but aren't sure what to stuff it with. To make it alittle more complicated it needs to be gluten free. Any ideas would be appreciated.

guest, Mar 13, 3:11am
I stuff with spinach, pine nuts and feta cheese, mixed with the chopped up flesh. I add cooked mince for my husband, I don't eat meat.