Saving threads

laser51, Jul 29, 8:43pm
can someone pls tell me how to save the threads, I did have it on my pc but can't find it, did a search but nil result

thanks

lx4000, Jul 29, 9:39pm
open a document and paste it in.

charlieb2, Jul 29, 11:23pm
you can save a thread to your 'favourites'... but once it disappears off trade me, its gone

juliewn, Jul 30, 7:37am
Hi.. I've found that the way to save them that suits me best, is by creating a filing system in the Outlook Express email programme - then to copy and paste recipes into there.. you'll probably know how to do this.. in case it's of help, I'll include what I do here - though it looks like a lot to do.. it's a step-by-step method that's quickly done:

Have your Outlook email system showing on your screen.
I opened a new file in Outlook, by right clicking on the word Inbox - in the list on the left of the page.
Choose New folder.
A box pops up - type Recipes - and click Ok.
A folder with that name will then show in the list below the 'Inbox' title.

Then, right click on that word 'Recipes'
- the same box as above pops up.. type in baking, or main meals, or bread, or whatever you want as headings.
Repeat, creating as many folders within the 'Recipe' folder as you want. You can add to them anytime.

Then, when you want to save a recipe, open up a new email by clicking 'create mail' - top left of your Outlook screen.
In the subject line of the email, type the name of the recipe (or thread) you want to save.
Back to the messageboard (or wherever a recipe is that you want to copy)

Highlight the recipe (or thread) by clicking and holding your finger down on the bottom right of the recipe/thread, then drag the cursor by moving your mouse, from bottom right of recipe/thread to top left of the recipe/thread. You can click and drag to highlight any part of a thread, recipe or page - however you want to do it.
The recipe/thread will change to be looking a blue colour.
Now, right click, then left click on 'copy'.

Back to the new email.. in the part you type in, left click, then right click and choose 'paste'

Your recipe/thread will then paste into the email you're using.
Change any part of it you want to.. or add a note about anything you want..
You don't need to send the email at all.
You can continue to save recipes into the one email - ie.. if you want to save several chocolate cake recipes - save them all into one email..so you have them all together.
Add the name of the person who has posted the recipe if you want, in case you want to ask a question or refer back to the recipe here at all.

Once you've saved all you want in that email.. click on the cross at top right of the screen to close the email.
A box will pop up, with 'Do you want to save changes to this message? - Click on 'yes'
The message will save into your 'Drafts ' folder - left of your screen, usually about 4 titles down from your 'Inbox' folder.
Click on the word 'drafts' to open the folder.
To the right, you'll see the email there that you just saved.
Now, on the 'chocolate cake' subject line for that email, left click and hold down your finger on the mouse,then keeping your finger down, drag the message across to your Baking folder.. or whatever the name is you want to save the recipe in. On the folder name, take your finger off the mouse.. and the recipe email you've saved will transfer into the baking folder.

You can repeat this as many times for as many recipes as you want, saving them in folders that suit you..

You can also use the same method to create sub-folders within the folders.. ie, I have the Recipes folder.. within that I've created folders for everything from baking, snacks, drinks, Christmas and parties, main meals, soups, to breads, sweets, preserves, etc..etc..

When you've finished with the folders and recipes for that time, click on the tiny box with the horizontal line in it, that's on the left side of the word 'Recipes' - it will close the folder and the line changes to a little cross.
Next time you want to use the folders, click on that cross, and they'll open up.

juliewn, Jul 30, 7:40am
I find this system suits me best, as everything is quickly accessible, it's saved into my own computer, and access to it doesn't finish if a thread is deleted here. You can back the folders up to a flash-drive or external hard-drive too, to ensure you don't lose them from your system.

Within those folders, I've got some other folders - ie - in preserves, I've got sub-folders for pickles, chutney's, relishes, sauces, preserving (fruit), jams, jellies, pastes, etc.. and when I've typed a recipe into a new email, I can then save it, using the above method, into the folder applicable for the recipe..
When wanting to use a recipe - say piccalilli, I then click on my recipes folder, then my preserves folder, which opens up the options, then click on pickles, then I can see the name Piccalilli there as the email subject headings show - and then by clicking on the name, there's my recipe..

Over time, I've written out many of my own favourite recipes and saved them this way, so I have them available quickly and easily whenever they're needed - my Kids know where they are if they ever need them too... and it's created a record of the recipes.

If they're ever wanting one of my recipes, I can quickly email it to them too.. so they have 'Mum's Recipe' that they've known and loved throughout their lives.. :-)

When a recipe is asked for on the messageboard here, and I have one that might be of interest to the person, I can also copy and post the recipe from my folder into the thread.. and don't have to type it out.

I hope this is of help :-)

laser51, Jul 30, 8:43pm
can someone pls tell me how to save the threads, I did have it on my pc but can't find it, did a search but nil result

thanks

charlieb2, Jul 30, 11:23pm
you can save a thread to your 'favourites'. but once it disappears off trade me, its gone

juliewn, Jul 31, 7:37am
Hi. I've found that the way to save them that suits me best, is by creating a filing system in the Outlook Express email programme - then to copy and paste recipes into there. you'll probably know how to do this. in case it's of help, I'll include what I do here - though it looks like a lot to do. it's a step-by-step method that's quickly done:

Have your Outlook email system showing on your screen.
I opened a new file in Outlook, by right clicking on the word Inbox - in the list on the left of the page.
Choose New folder.
A box pops up - type Recipes - and click Ok.
A folder with that name will then show in the list below the 'Inbox' title.

Then, right click on that word 'Recipes'
- the same box as above pops up. type in baking, or main meals, or bread, or whatever you want as headings.
Repeat, creating as many folders within the 'Recipe' folder as you want. You can add to them anytime.

Then, when you want to save a recipe, open up a new email by clicking 'create mail' - top left of your Outlook screen.
In the subject line of the email, type the name of the recipe (or thread) you want to save.
Back to the messageboard (or wherever a recipe is that you want to copy)

Highlight the recipe (or thread) by clicking and holding your finger down on the bottom right of the recipe/thread, then drag the cursor by moving your mouse, from bottom right of recipe/thread to top left of the recipe/thread. You can click and drag to highlight any part of a thread, recipe or page - however you want to do it.
The recipe/thread will change to be looking a blue colour.
Now, right click, then left click on 'copy'.

Back to the new email. in the part you type in, left click, then right click and choose 'paste'

Your recipe/thread will then paste into the email you're using.
Change any part of it you want to. or add a note about anything you want.
You don't need to send the email at all.
You can continue to save recipes into the one email - ie. if you want to save several chocolate cake recipes - save them all into one email.so you have them all together.
Add the name of the person who has posted the recipe if you want, in case you want to ask a question or refer back to the recipe here at all.

Once you've saved all you want in that email. click on the cross at top right of the screen to close the email.
A box will pop up, with 'Do you want to save changes to this message! - Click on 'yes'
The message will save into your 'Drafts ' folder - left of your screen, usually about 4 titles down from your 'Inbox' folder.
Click on the word 'drafts' to open the folder.
To the right, you'll see the email there that you just saved.
Now, on the 'chocolate cake' subject line for that email, left click and hold down your finger on the mouse,then keeping your finger down, drag the message across to your Baking folder. or whatever the name is you want to save the recipe in. On the folder name, take your finger off the mouse. and the recipe email you've saved will transfer into the baking folder.

You can repeat this as many times for as many recipes as you want, saving them in folders that suit you.

You can also use the same method to create sub-folders within the folders. ie, I have the Recipes folder. within that I've created folders for everything from baking, snacks, drinks, Christmas and parties, main meals, soups, to breads, sweets, preserves, etc.etc.

When you've finished with the folders and recipes for that time, click on the tiny box with the horizontal line in it, that's on the left side of the word 'Recipes' - it will close the folder and the line changes to a little cross.
Next time you want to use the folders, click on that cross, and they'll open up.

juliewn, Jul 31, 7:40am
I find this system suits me best, as everything is quickly accessible, it's saved into my own computer, and access to it doesn't finish if a thread is deleted here. You can back the folders up to a flash-drive or external hard-drive too, to ensure you don't lose them from your system.

Within those folders, I've got some other folders - ie - in preserves, I've got sub-folders for pickles, chutney's, relishes, sauces, preserving (fruit), jams, jellies, pastes, etc. and when I've typed a recipe into a new email, I can then save it, using the above method, into the folder applicable for the recipe.
When wanting to use a recipe - say piccalilli, I then click on my recipes folder, then my preserves folder, which opens up the options, then click on pickles, then I can see the name Piccalilli there as the email subject headings show - and then by clicking on the name, there's my recipe.

Over time, I've written out many of my own favourite recipes and saved them this way, so I have them available quickly and easily whenever they're needed - my Kids know where they are if they ever need them too. and it's created a record of the recipes.

If they're ever wanting one of my recipes, I can quickly email it to them too. so they have 'Mum's Recipe' that they've known and loved throughout their lives. :-)

When a recipe is asked for on the messageboard here, and I have one that might be of interest to the person, I can also copy and post the recipe from my folder into the thread. and don't have to type it out.

I hope this is of help :-)

pickles7, Jul 31, 9:56pm
I have my own blogs. They are keeping me busy. I don't post anything I have not made and am happy with, in them. Other recipe's I cut and paste into a folder, until I try or delete. I am finding so many ingredients are changing. Milk that was contaminated in China, is just the tip, of a larger problem... I never open a cook book these days.

valentino, Jul 31, 10:49pm
Most computers have "Notepad".

Saving a thread or part of, simply hold the left button down and select whatever, right click mouse button for copy (or print if one wants to print) then open Notepad and paste into the notepad, smaller or less storage space is used and one can edit, alter format (even to pdf on some latest OS) save it under whatever title and to a nominated folder or file.

When re-assessing it, it will have the notepad icon next to it for quicker find.

From there it is to delete if not wanted or if one has "Word" then only copy and paste whatever one wants most.

One could also save the webpage on screen by going to save as, note the html and save, saves the page as is, but sometimes does not work on various different OS (operating system like XP, Vista, Win 7 32bit or 64 bit) if going from one to another.

Also in the latest Microsoft Office is "OneNote", haven't yet got the gist of this fully yet but also looks as though it can be done by using this and can be pinned for very quick access.

Cheers.

pickles7, Aug 1, 9:56pm
I have my own blogs. They are keeping me busy. I don't post anything I have not made and am happy with, in them. Other recipe's I cut and paste into a folder, until I try or delete. I am finding so many ingredients are changing. Milk that was contaminated in China, is just the tip, of a larger problem. I never open a cook book these days.

valentino, Aug 1, 10:49pm
Most computers have "Notepad".

Saving a thread or part of, simply hold the left button down and select whatever, right click mouse button for copy (or print if one wants to print) then open Notepad and paste into the notepad, smaller or less storage space is used and one can edit, alter format (even to pdf on some latest OS) save it under whatever title and to a nominated folder or file.

When re-assessing it, it will have the notepad icon next to it for quicker find.

From there it is to delete if not wanted or if one has "Word" then only copy and paste whatever one wants most.

One could also save the webpage on screen by going to save as, note the html and save, saves the page as is, but sometimes does not work on various different OS (operating system like XP, Vista, Win 7 32bit or 64 bit) if going from one to another.

Also in the latest Microsoft Office is "OneNote", haven't yet got the gist of this fully yet but also looks as though it can be done by using this and can be pinned for very quick access.

Cheers.