Powered Malt anyone know

tommydog, Jul 20, 7:30am
Just wondering if anyone could inform me where you can buy powered malt from.

lindylambchops1, Jul 21, 9:30am
I used to love Horlicks which was a malted milk drink before bedtime.Actually I fancied a Malted Milk drink the other night & have written it on my shopping list.Not sure what is about these days, but look near the Milo in the supermarket.

lindylambchops1, Jul 21, 9:31am

lindylambchops1, Jul 21, 9:33am
Maltexo is a NZ brandcheck supermarket for that

http://www.maltexo.co.nz/

davidt4, Jul 21, 9:55am
Brewers' supply shops usually have powdered malt.assume you could et it by mail order as well.

guest, Jul 21, 10:08am
www.mybreadmix.co.nz sells roasted and diastatic malt,if this is what you are after.

cookessentials, Jul 21, 7:08pm
Powderd malt ( malted milk) is no konger available here. Nestle make it. Horlicks would be your nearest or use maltexo malt in a cup and hot milk added( not too hot or it curdles) I recently saw the malted milk powder in Wooloworths Noosa at around AUD $8.95 per can.

cookessentials, Jul 21, 9:42pm
looks like my nails need filing LOl

buzzy110, Jul 21, 11:33pm
You can get it from any good health food shop. You didn't say where you live but in Auckland I have been able to purchase it from Whole Wheat Harvest, Ceres and Huckleberry Farms. I think Huckleberry Farms has a web site. You could visit.

When I started making sour dough bread I used it as yeast food instead of sugar but now my starter does not require any food, other than flour, so I still have a big bag here and have no idea what to do with it. It is very sweet. What are you going to do with yours when you get it?

lindylambchops1, Jul 22, 3:39am
Oh is it wanted for BREWING?????Wish poster had said duh!However I do love Malted Milk!