Teenagers weekend breakfasts

helen65018, Jul 16, 11:21pm
This works well here for 3 hungry boys;
In the largest frypan you have;
Fry 6 sausages well & form into 'wheelspoke' pattern in pan.
Add tinned beans, spaghetti, tomatoes or combination to 3 'gaps'.
Break in an egg for each person in remaining 'gaps' & cook til set.
Serve with plenty of hot toast or if you are good at multi-tasking make corn fritters to serve it with.
Variations; Use bacon, onions, mushrooms etc.Use 2 pans if you need to!

Get the boys to play 'Paper, Scissors, Rock' to see who gets to do the dishes - best done before they start eating!

norse_westie, Jul 17, 1:00am
Great idea.
I'm mean. I cant bear the smell of meat in the mornings so mine just get french toast, pancakes or eggs.

lil_angel_kel, Jul 17, 1:58am
Another great breakfast idea - although we often do for dinner and lunch too:

Cook hashbrowns in the microwave for 3ish mins - the rectangle ones are best, and then over the bottom of a dish with them.
On top place spaghetti, chopped up bacon and onion. Then beat together some eggs and salt n pepper and a little milk. Pour over the top and then top with grated cheese. Bake in the oven. When cooked, cut into slices and serve. If doing for dinner, it can be served with a salad :) It is sooo good! You can pretty much add anything you like. Ive done it with chopped up bits of cooked sizzlers before too :)

bedazzledjewels, Jul 17, 2:25am
I've got a recipe somewhere here by Clarissa Dickson Wright that she used to make when she was cooking breakfasts for a school of hungry boys - bacon & eggs in a coffee mug. Sounded like a good idea.

nightboss, Jul 17, 6:12am
Sounds like a great idea, the smell of that cooking wafting through to the teenagers room will ensure they get out of bed before 2pm too.

kob, Jul 17, 7:55pm
when the kids are home for the weekend Saturday is always porridge with cream & brown sugar and Sundays are always a good fry up, baby sausages, bacon hash browns, eggs with mums special stewed tomato and lashings of toast and butter.Love spoiling my kids when they are home

rainrain1, Jul 18, 2:10am
Jeepers creepers, do you make them lunch as well.....??

firemansgirl, Jul 18, 9:19am
Corn fritter, bacon, sour cream and sweet chili stacks!

helen65018, Jul 19, 4:54am
rainrain - that probably IS lunch!It makes me look like I'm a wonderful person as well as being in control of what they eat too!If they just help themselves EVERYTHING gets eaten! haha

rainrain1, Jul 19, 4:57am
I was having a chuckle as have been there, done that with 3 sons, they have hollow arms and legs, so I understand what all the cooking is about.:-)

norse_westie, Jul 19, 6:28am
I have six and thank God they thing porridge for breakfast is great. Mind you on a Sunday pancakes with lemon and sugar or maple syrup and cream; or French toast and maple syrup is a favourite.