Countdown $5 delivery special for 4 weeks

Page 1 / 2
tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 11, 6:51am
Just incase this weather puts you off going to supermarket.....thought i would share this deal

For the next 4 weeks, all of your deliveries will only cost you $5!

Every time you shop online at Countdown.co.nz before midnight Friday 5 August 2011 you will only pay $5 for delivery.

Type the code 5DOLLARS in the coupon code box at the online checkout each time you place an order!

lythande1, Jul 11, 7:48pm
Who shops at the most expensive place there is?

lx4000, Jul 11, 8:01pm
for those who can not get to the shops, a good option. What is the normal cost of delivery?

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 11, 8:17pm
13.25 over $100 groceries. My car just broke down last week. did my grocery shopping and caught a taxi home. (i live 25mins walk away or 3 mins drive) and it cost me 17bucks. not doing that again this week what a rip off

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 11, 8:18pm
i think it goes down to 9.95 over 200 or something

purplegoanna, Jul 11, 11:36pm
Up to $99.99$15.25
$100.00 to $199.99$13.25
$200.00 to $249.99$11.25
$250.00 and over$8.25

wheelz, Jul 11, 11:49pm
New World is the dearest !!!

purplegoanna, Jul 11, 11:51pm
i go there porbably once a year and it makes mr cringe.....countdowns allright for the essentials and the specials....they have certain foods that pak'n'slap dont have...

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 12, 12:30am
im a budget shopper. homebrand everything and if its not on special i dont buy it. i actually found new world to be quite cheap for meat last week and the odd bits and pieces. 3.50 for 500g premium mince $4 for a nice big piece of rump steak.

bombaloo, Jul 12, 12:40am
Homebrand is the way to go!! Idnetical to "branded" stuff and a fraction of the cost

wheelz, Jul 12, 1:30am
some homebrand stuff is horrid and inferior in taste and content. And often contains more fat ! Check out the backs of products and compare for yourself, I did !

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 12, 2:05am
wheelz that is ones opinion. For the first time in over a year i bought a packet of huggies baby wipes last week i normally buy homebrand wipes and i am totally disapointed never will buy them ever again and they were twice the price. They fell apart like paper. I have never bought anything homebrand that i dont like. Pasta is 1/3 of the price of regular pastas and in my opinion taste better.

coreblimey, Jul 12, 2:16am
Which really is the most expensive nowadays?It always used to be Foodtown for me, now they have all changed and I get confused!I spend years shopping at Pak and Save because we were so broke but I HATE packing my own groceries now :0)I like the layout of the new Countdown and New World stores which both seem to be everywhere......

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 12, 2:27am
i hate shopping at pak n save. the layout is horrible and i wont buy meat from pak n save because everytime i go there and get meat i come home and the mince and steak is disgustingly brown in the middle so called packed that day and we both got sick after having chicken from there. everyones different though and they do have cheap prices but its just a headache to go there. Countdown is just so easy and everythings organised nicely. Plus i get the onecard vouchers everytime so it makes it worthwhile for me because they always come when we need it most.

destiny6nz, Jul 12, 2:29am
thanks for that!! Ive been wanting to change to Countdown after they supported Maori Language Week. Im definitely going to take a look.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 12, 2:46am
your welcome :)

nauru, Jul 12, 9:49am
I shop at Countdown usually, like their layout too. Homebrand products are good and better value for money than the other brands. Although, I don't like their frozen peas, gone back to Watties.Also don't like their SR flour, last one I got you could really taste the baking powder in it, gone back to the other brands of flour. Tried PnS for a change recently but found I still had to go to Countdown to get the odd item or two not available at PnS so I guess I will stay with CD. I get my veggies at the local Sunday Market

garfeild101, Jul 12, 9:06pm
Yes i get my bulk of grocieries delivered by countdown each month, i have whats called POTS where my bloodflow is all up to crap in a short term and cant stand up for ages without needing to sit down all the time, i find getting it dropped off to my home-a hassle free thing to do, plus i didnt waste my energy behind ppl at the supermarket lol....then i pop in for a small shop with my b/f to top up goods we need...Plus having personal shoppers doing your list they get the best stuf for you too and get free samples too

anne1955, Jul 12, 9:52pm
The pricing for the NZ supermarkets is Pack-inslave is cheapest, then 4% less is New World and then Countdown...Yes they all from time to time have "lost leaders" which bring people in and then they work their displays to suit...and often you can lift the 'special' ticket and actually find the price under it is the same.The only differences in prices is the product's that are brought in as "directs" fruit and vegies are dependant on what's available in the markets to buy from...so it cost 4% to have bags packed at supermarkets..and Pack-in-slave still charge for bags....

asue, Jul 12, 10:39pm
I find countdown real annoying and it has put me off going there when everything is buy 2,3 or 4 of things when I only want one item.Buying the extra is a pain when I don't have the extra in the budget to spend.

vintagekitty, Jul 12, 10:45pm
Who cares where anyone else shops,I think everyone knows the difference.I like countdown or new world. Paknsave is so manky, if im spending time shopping, it might as well be somewhere nice, with nicer food, more variety and nicer surroundings.

blondie208, Jul 13, 7:48am
Te Rapa New World Rocks!! Best Supermarket to shop in in Hamilton :-)

raebee, Jul 13, 7:57am
if you shop online, you don't have to buy multiple items but you still get the discounted price.ie if it says 2 for $5, you can buy 1 for only $2.50.well that's what it's always been like when i shop online.... assume it hasn't changed

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 13, 9:50am
Was thinking the same thing raebee. Thats what i love about shopping online is i get it at the special price without having to buy multiples. Totally agree with you vintagekitty "manky" is the best way to put it. Done shopping today online and cost be a lot less than i expected because of the multi items. Yay!

misty, Jul 17, 8:08am
No, that didn't work for me tonight.