Saucepans etc that will last me many years

jojo76, Jul 11, 4:28am
x1
I am over buying cheap cookware they only last a couple of years before the handle falls of, or non-stick flypans that don't last long before that no longer are 'non stick.
Wouls someone like to rocommend a decent brand please, and approx pricing if you know.. thanks

kobec9, Jul 11, 4:35am
I have invested in 2 Circulon non-stick frypans which i absolutely love.They do a set of pots as well I think.Got them from stevens and they are guaranteed to keep their non-stick thingy. (which is not teflon so not bad for you).We use ours every day - sometimes twice a day and they are just amazing.

harrislucinda, Jul 11, 4:54am
nomatterwhatbrandfornostickwontlastBuyagoodcopperbottomforsaucepanihavezippifyou cantgetthatbrandnowthatishowlongihave mine

lyl_guy, Jul 11, 5:05am
I recently bought baccarat 'atlas' anodised pots/pans from farmers.... they are beautiful to use, and have a Lifetime guarantee.Got them on sale, about 60% off, so were about $80 for the casserole/ chef's pan, and about $50 for saucepans (each).... great bargain.
http://store.robinskitchen.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/0/203608.jpg

lythande1, Jul 11, 5:20am
I bought cheap saucepans that have attached metal handles, attached properly that is - not screwed on.Have had them for the last 9 years now. They look like the ones in the picture above posted by lyl_guy but not the same brand.

Non-stick pans - don't buy ones with the nasty coating - buy a proper ceramic titanium pan.

uli, Jul 12, 8:18am
The only ones worth having is WMF - very expensive and no non-stick coating - but will last a lifetime.

knowsley, Jul 12, 8:59am
I have Circulon and Baccarat and like them both. My original set of Circulon I have had for 13 years and it's still great.

babytears, Jul 12, 9:18am
I agree with Baccarat, I have a stockpot and it's fantastic to cook with - I got it 60% off at Famers - sooner or later I'll have the lot

gaspodetwd, Jul 12, 9:27am
Le creuset. Costs a fortune and then you hand it down through the family. I have had mine for nearly twenty years. I know people who are nearer forty years now. It's amazing.

skye7, Jul 12, 9:48am
My wok is Circulon and it is fantastic, my plan to is to replace all my saucepans with Circulon, expense but one of those situations where you get what you pay for. Good luck with your decision

huck_it, Jul 12, 9:19pm
I want circulon, or scanpan. Currently have 2nd set of jamie oliver (stainless steel copper) but the fry pans arent big enough, so had to buy a seperate one

coolnzmum, Jul 12, 9:40pm
I have 3 saucepans that my mother give me for my wedding present in 1982.They are all still good to use.One has handle missing and one has the small handle on lid missing but otherwise nothing wrong with them.I'm unfortunately not sure of the brand now after 29 years of use.

Think they are Zip with copper bottoms.

As for frying pans cast iron is the way to go, the heavy old cast iron.I also have a cast iron pot that is brilliant and can cook a roast in that in oven.

wheelz, Jul 12, 9:52pm
have zip copper bottoms here, going on 28 years now, used every day. A cast iron frypan. A non-stick wok that has never lost it's 'non-stickabilty'

elliehen, Jul 13, 12:13am
Polaris...even secondhand - they will outlast you.

kinna54, Jul 13, 5:20am
I still have my polaris copper bottom saucepans after 34 yrs of marriage. Was given a new set of saucepans for my silver wedding, and son conned some of my polaris to go flatting, he never managed to ruin them.(or return them) but I had spares.Also adore my cast iron pan for cooking steak, and have bought lovely casserole dishes. I prefer china casserole dishes, and i am very fussy about the lids, I always look for a lid that has a glazed inside rim.

pamellie, Jul 13, 5:30am
I have Kinnox saucepans which are very good, and like some of the others I have cast iron frying pans.

chrisandco, Jul 13, 5:34am
I bought a set of Zip saucepans from Briscoes maybe 20 years ago & still look as good as new,use the three smaller ones at least five days a week so they are well used & still going strong.

westydogs, Jul 13, 5:49am
Circulon - yes invested big money in those pots and frypan maybe 20 years ago but now the non stick base is coming off, not a good look when you do mashed spuds or sauces where you have to stir, totally off non stick pots.Yes I bought two Zip big pots for soup etc and they are still going really well.Maybe the quality has gone downhill nowadays.Use cast iron nowadays as a frypan, terrific.

___ellajac___, Jul 13, 5:58am
I am still using some Polaris which were purchasesd in 1961!

Recently have been staying with a daughter in Canada who has Jamie Oliver saucepans and they are magnificent.Not sure if you can get them here though as I haven't been shopping for saucepans of late.

moreorless, Jul 14, 8:29am
Ellajac,

Love Canada, luck you, what part.
Researching as I need new pans too, circulon I have in muffin tins, muffins fall out no spray needed and I love them.

knowsley, Jul 14, 9:00am
I, and others I know, have had nothing but problems with Scanpan. I'd never buy another one.