Cellophane bags

infinityjrc, Jul 4, 9:39am
Hi I wanted to put some gingerbread men into cellophane bags for a birthday party treat to take home, can anyone tell me where to buy the cellophane bags and how do you seal them, do you need a special bag sealer?I only want to use cellophane bags not the plastic snap lock variety. Can anyone help with supplier and sealing assistance.

1jellicoe, Jul 4, 9:43am
You should be able to get them from Spotlight, or alternatively try a cake decorating supply shop.Tie a ribbon at the top, rather than heat seal, or else use double sided tape.

Good luck

245sam, Jul 4, 9:43am
infinityjrc, I'm not sure if they still have them but Spotlight (here in Christchurch) used to have cellophane bags amongst their chocolate making moulds, fillings, etc.

Hope that helps.:-))

auntlb, Jul 4, 9:48am
I get mine from Moore Wilsons in Wellington - do you have a supplier that does catering quantities etc (Moore Wilsons does things such a 10kg sacks of rice + 5L sauces and mayonaises etc)Not sure if you have a MW up there?The bags I buy are around $8 for 100 - when I use them for sweets, fudges and gingerbread people I just seal with a piece of tape or tie with curling ribbon

fifie, Jul 4, 10:00am
Auction 388560140cellophane self sealing bags, available in lots of sizes.

bappy, Jul 4, 8:45pm
Gilmours sells these but you have to buy a pack of 100.

kinna54, Jul 5, 7:23am
a lot of party supply shops sell them. Here in Palmy Uncle Bill's wholesale barn.

greerg, Jul 5, 8:21am
Cake decorating shops often sell them singly so you can buy the number you need.

duckmoon, Jul 5, 9:04am
I get mine from Moore Wilsons (a wholesaler)

duckmoon, Jul 5, 9:05am
also, I would tie with some curling ribbon - they will probably be eaten before they get home