Would anybody on here know

dinky17, Jul 3, 7:13am
how to make liverpatte? or liverpaste for want of a different word lol? I love that stuff and spread on a slice of freshly baked bread,just magic,I cant see it in the shops anymore,where they lob a bit of a long sausage..lol

mkbooks, Jul 3, 7:18am
You can get it at the deli counter at s'market or in dairy section there are several brands. Do you want a recipe for some?

antoniab, Jul 3, 7:19am
Do you mean liverwurst or pate? I make my own pate and is easy as and cheaper - jamie oliver also has an awesome liver parfait recipe (more smooth and creamy than a pate :) http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-liver-parfait

dinky17, Jul 3, 7:20am
yes please if you have one ,tia

lindylambchops1, Jul 3, 8:09am
Would love your recipe for liver pate that you make.Thanks very much!

lindylambchops1, Jul 3, 8:13am
x1
This sounds easy & nice
Beef Liver Pate

500g beef liver (you can substitute lamb’s fry), cut into pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup butter
salt
2 tablespoons cracked black pepper

*Saute the liver and onions in a couple of tablespoons of the butter until the livers are browned and the onions are tender.

*Add wine, garlic, mustard, herbs and lemon juice and cook uncovered until most of the liquid has gone.

*Cool and blend to a smooth paste in the food processor along with the rest of the butter. (This is easier if the butter is not fridge cold!)

*Add salt to taste.

*Check the consistency of the pate. If it seems dry and crumbly rather than smooth and creamy, add more butter.

*Put pate in a shallow dish and press the cracked pepper onto the top of it.
http://farmlet.co.nz/?p=199

jessie981, Jul 3, 9:54am
I buy Salisbury Cracked Pepper Flaoured Spread in the section where other spreads, jams etc are in the Supermarket. Costs less than $3 for 100gr jar.

antoniab, Jul 3, 8:41pm
I just do it from my head but its basically the same as that jamie oliver one but I also put a bit of cream in with the brandy and dont use sage. I buy the pottles of kichen livers from Pak n Save - about $4, and I freeze it in individual ramekins rather than putting the melted butter on top. Substituting grand marnier for the brandy is also nice and added a little orange zest to the mix :)

davidt4, Jul 3, 9:28pm
Here's a mild-tasting version:

Austrian Liver Pâté

225g chicken livers
small onion, finely chopped
50g butter
salt, pepper, paprika - big pinch each
mace, allspice - small pinch each
2 eggs
1 tab milk
1 tab brandy

Fry livers, onion and 25g butter gently until just stiffened, add seasonings.Add eggs beaten with milk, stir and leave to set.

Put into a food processor and whizz with 25g butter and brandy to a smooth paste.Check seasoning, spread into a container and chill.Or shape into a brick shape, wrap and chill.

petal1955, Jul 3, 11:27pm
Chicken Liver Parfait

1 kg Chicken Livers
2 x 250 grms butter chopped into cubes
Small bunch Sage leaves
Bunch thyme
Olive Oil
2 red onions peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 cup brandy
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Heat tsp of oil in large pan, add garlic, onion, thyme and cook for several minutes until soft.Add another 2 tbsp of oil, chicken livers, salt and pepper.

Cook on high for four minutes.Add brandy and mix.Place in kitchen whizz and, with machine running, add 250 grms chopped butter bit by bit.Work mixture through a fine sieve into a terrine shaped dish or individual ramekins.Put sage leaves on top.

To clarify butter put 250 grams butter in saucepan on low heat.Simmer 25 minutes until separated.Pour through sieve then pour over terrine and leave to set in fridge.

1 Pottle of chicken livers (Chopped),60 grams Butter,
1Tbsp Port,1Tbsp Brandy,1 onion finely chopped,4-6 cloves chopped garlic,2 slices of bread (anybread),pinch of Marjoram,ground Black Pepper,salt. Melt half the butter,add the onion and garlic,saute until soft,add chicken livers,cook over med heat until livers are only slightly pink,add bread which has been soaked in the brandy and port,Marjoram,ground pepper and salt,remaining 30 Grams butter,continue cooking and mushing with wooden spoon till livers no longer pink and everything is mixed in,remove from heat,put in kitchen whizz and whizz until smooth,pour into small containers can be topped with clarified butter to seal.Apparently this freezes well according to people that I have made it for

Chicken Liver Pate

Ruth Pretty

450 grams chicken livers (trimmed of sinew and green tinged parts)
40 grams of butter
1 onion peeled and chopped
1 tsp thyme leaves
1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
1 ½ tsp honey
1 tbsp sherry
Pepper & Salt
2 tbsp melted butter
Rinse livers in cold water and drain.Melt butter in heavy based fry pan over medium heat.Add onion and cook till soft, but not browned.Add thyme, garlic and livers and cook gently, stirring occasionally till livers have turned pale brown and have become a little firm but still pink inside, stir in honey and sherry and season.

Pour contents of pan into food processor with metal blade and puree till smooth.Pour into serving bowls, cool then top with melted butter.Cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 days.

CHICKEN LIVER PATE
(yields 380g, serves 10 to 12)
David and Gary at Taste Restaurant in Khandallah tell me that their customers complain if they take pate off the menu. They serve their version with hot whole wheat toast and little crispy gherkins.
INGREDIENTS
450g chicken livers (trimmed of all green-tinged parts and sinew)40g (4 tbsp) butter1 shallot (peeled and chopped)1 tsp roughly chopped thyme leaves1 garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped)1+ 1/2 tsp honey1 tbsp cognac or brandyMaldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper2 tbsp melted clarified butter or olive oil10 to 20 radishes (trimmed and halved if large)20 - 30 Vogels toast triangles
METHOD
• Rinse livers in cold water and drain.

• Melt butter in a heavy-based fry pan over a medium heat. Add shallot and cook till soft but not browned.

• Add thyme, garlic and livers and cook gently, stirring occasionally, till livers have turned pale brown and have become a little firm but still pink inside.

• Stir in honey and cognac and season.

• Pour contents of pan into food processor with a metal blade fitted and puree till very smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove any fibre.

• Taste for seasoning again, and then pour into serving bowl to cool. To prevent surface of pate discolouring, cover surface with clarified butter or olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate till required, or for 2 to 3 days.

• Serve with radishes and Vogels bread triangles.

CHICKEN LIVER SPREAD
2 eggs (to be hardboiled)
3 - 4 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
250 grams chicken livers
1/4 teasp. pepper
Herbs to taste
1/2 teasp. sal

petal1955, Jul 3, 11:28pm
cont"d

1/4 cup lemon juice
Chopped parsley
Hardboil the eggs. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, but not brown. Remove from pan. Halve chicken livers and saute in the remaining fat until the livers are browned all over. Cook until the livers are no longer pink when cut in half. Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs such as thyme, marjoram or oregano just before the livers are browned, if desired. While the eggs and liver are still warm, mince or blend them with the onion. Season well with plain or seasoned salt, lemon juice, and chopped parsley.
Pate or spread may need further seasoning when cold. Refrigerate until needed - keeps several days.

lindylambchops1, Jul 4, 12:16am
Oh Yum!Thanks antonia

muppet65, Jul 4, 12:26am
crockery dishes are best, you dont end up with a metallic taste