Hi Folks (Re Donald6)

elsy, Jul 2, 8:42pm
Just popping in to post those of you who remember donald6 with her yum recipes etc, is today renewing her wedding vows.If anyone would like to send good wishes to the donalds, please pop in to the Wrinklies will unite thread.
The ceremony has been bought forward due to donald being dealt a sad blow with her health. She is a courageous women. cheers.

grannypam, Jul 2, 10:20pm
I have the oven warming ready to make some neenish tarts.. I will be thinking of them later as I sit down with a coffee and a tart..lol

nzhuia, Jul 3, 1:36am
I would like to send them my very best wishes. Hope you have a lovely day.
All the best. Marg

juliewn, Jul 3, 2:34pm
Very best wishes.. with much joy and happiness to come.. :-)

elsy, Jul 3, 9:10pm
Oh thanks folks i will tell donald to look in here, she will be very tired after her lovely wedding vow renewal ceremony, all went off so well, the homemade neenish tarts looked great, oh the homemade custard squares, she surely has taught her daughters well ,and will leave them her legacy of baking knowledge.

cookessentials, Jul 3, 9:29pm
Hi donald6. Many congratulations to you and your husband on the renewal of your wedding vows.
I hope you like this poem by Edmund O'Neill.

Marriage is a commitment to life,
the best that two people can find and bring out in each other.
It offers opportunities for sharing and growth
that no other relationship can equal.
It is a physical and an emotional joining that is promised for a lifetime.Within the circle of its love,
marriage encompasses all of life's most important relationships.
A wife and a husband are each other's best friend,
confidant, lover, teacher, listener, and critic.
And there may come times when one partner is heartbroken or ailing,
and the love of the other may resemble
the tender caring of a parent or child.Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life.
Happiness is fuller, memories are fresher,
commitment is stronger, even anger is felt more strongly,
and passes away more quickly.Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life
is unable to avoid. It encourages and nurtures new life,
new experiences, new ways of expressing
a love that is deeper than life.

When two people pledge their love and care for each other in marriage,
they create a spirit unique unto themselves which binds them closer
than any spoken or written words.
Marriage is a promise, a potential made in the hearts of two people
who love each other and takes a lifetime to fulfill.

marywea, Jul 3, 9:30pm
I recall her posts of some time ago, always practical advice. Thoughts with them.

donald6, Jul 5, 12:00pm
Thank you everyone & I love the poem, cookessentials. I haven't been in here for a while as my appetite has shrunk & I hardly feel like eating, let alone cooking. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes I have collected over the years. Mr D has plenty of ideas to help him along when I am no longer here. Our special day was incredible with many friends & family. It was a happy day with lots of delicious food. My daughters will hopefully keep up the cooking genes!

juliewn, Jul 5, 12:36pm
Hugs Donald.. x

cookessentials, Jul 5, 6:58pm
You are most welcome. I see you are "just up the road"

elsy, Jul 5, 8:28pm
Thanks so much folks, Donalds day was so lovely,she held up well, laughing and being her normal self. And can i say after the custard squares, neenish tarts, her daughters surely are, and will keep up the cooking genes.
Hugs.

bappy, Jul 5, 8:33pm
cookessentials, that was lovely.Do you have more where that came from?Or a website you can refer me to?

cookessentials, Jul 5, 9:29pm
Hi babppy, I cant remember where exactly I found it, but I Googled something like "wedding poems" or something similar.