Eeeek! Keep those threads you like bumped!

Page 1 / 4
elliehen, Jun 17, 10:59am
I think many threads in Recipes NEED to disappear after a year - especially those full of windy posts that should have been in Health & Beauty, General, Opinion etc

uli, Jun 18, 9:31am
No - every thread that has not been added to within 45 DAYS will go from now on - lots more "bumping" going to happen soon - again ...

tigerlilly16, Jun 18, 10:08am
Just save any threads you specifically want kept to vmn, no one is going to be able to keep all threads 'bumped' ad infinitum.

elliehen, Jun 18, 10:20am
Not quite correct...see the following from Trade me announcement:

"Automatically removing threads in 'Opinion & Politics' and 'General discussion' that have not had new posts added in the past 45 days: these categories often fill up quickly with large volumes of threads that are topical at a particular time, and then quickly lose relevance and are seldom accessed. This process won’t happen in a split second, but over the next day or so as the database updates. Note that threads in all the other categories that have not had a new post added within the past year are automatically removed"

benjamena, Jun 18, 10:43am
I copy and paste the recipes to a folder in M word that I like. I also enlarge the font and have my laptop on the bench following the recipe. I should start taking a photo to add to the recipe. No worries that they will disappear.

lost-in-oz, Jun 19, 12:42am
You can't save to VMN anymore either.

hezwez, Jun 19, 12:50am
Where did you read that lost-in-oz? The VMN founder said there'd be changes but hasn't said that he'd be stopping them being added. And I've just added this one.

lost-in-oz, Jun 19, 12:52am
Someone tried to save a thread the other day and it wouldn't let them.Maybe VMN just needed to update something to enable a save once TM made their changes??

**edit**
Seems you can save them again.Good news.

lx4000, Jun 19, 12:58am
also noticed today that the search has changed. Not sure if I click on "last year" if that brings all the posts I'm looking for which includes this year and last!!mmMmm

beaker59, Jun 19, 1:05am
Its actually not such a bad thing to loose them after a while people can repost them on request but often this search thing just serves to kill discussion. I have a bit of a dislike for the board nazi's who tell so many newcomers who ask a simple question that they should search for the recipe as its all been discussed before.

elliehen, Jun 19, 5:16am
I agree.It doesn't hurt to answer a question again for a newcomer.

It's good to see a host of new posters too.They bring a freshness to the boards.

charlieb2, Jun 19, 5:25am
Well, hopefully it will stop them being saved to that Circle of .... website that was blatantly copying half of Trade me.

purplegoanna, Jun 19, 6:14am
yay looks like theyve changed it for recipes & craft..wish theyd done it for P&A..nup word is we've got a year....

dian2, Jun 19, 6:23am
i often go trolling through old threads to find recipes of interest.. in future i'll just bump em too

purplegoanna, Jun 19, 6:24am
totally agree cant stand the people who answer a newbies question by saying just search in the box to your left!....i always offer a recipe or idea then add they can aslo search if they want too....

buzzy110, Jun 19, 9:16am
I can think of another thread that fits the bill perfectly for removal. It hasn't got a single thing to do with food and lots to do with dreary gossip and sad lives.

knowsley, Jun 19, 9:31am
Touché!

pickles7, Jun 19, 9:51am
I know the one,lol.
I have been busy saving what I need to some where else. I joined a blog on vinegar the other day. Hard case site but I will see how it goes.

cookessentials, Jun 19, 10:05am
Gosh, really? it must be an interesting read for you then?

tigerlilly16, Jun 19, 10:08am
Just save any threads you specifically want kept to vmn, no one is going to be able to keep all threads 'bumped' ad infinitum.

elliehen, Jun 19, 10:20am
Not quite correct.see the following from Trade me announcement:

"Automatically removing threads in 'Opinion & Politics' and 'General discussion' that have not had new posts added in the past 45 days: these categories often fill up quickly with large volumes of threads that are topical at a particular time, and then quickly lose relevance and are seldom accessed. This process won’t happen in a split second, but over the next day or so as the database updates. Note that threads in all the other categories that have not had a new post added within the past year are automatically removed"

elliehen, Jun 19, 10:21am
Sounds as though the poster is as avid follower...like those people who say they don't watch Coro but let slip that they know who Gail Platt is ;)

charlieb2, Jun 19, 11:50am
Not like you to be so subtle buzzy.....

gardie, Jun 19, 6:41pm
I sometimes tell people to check if I've seen a thread recently but always in a polite way. There is no need to be so 'know it all' about it.And those that say "google is your friend"...did they even stop to consider that you may have had a fight?

elliehen, Jun 19, 11:06pm
Google is my friend, but we have a love/hate relationship ;)