Kuaka

pickles7, Jun 19, 9:45am
How is your kiwifruit wine getting on?. It was the cooking of the skins, that made my peach wine cloudy, no amount of time will clear it. I except the word of a pro. I needed to add pectinase, at the start. I did with the feijoa wine/ vinegar and that is showings signs of clearing.

pickles7, Jun 20, 7:26am

kuaka, Jun 20, 8:21am
Well, I've got several 20 litre lots down, and haven't checked it lately, but I've also got two 1 gallon jars on the kitchen bench (I'll be pleased when they're drunk and I can have my bench space clear again!) and one is still a bit cloudy, the other is beautifully clear, but they are both a bit on the sweet side.These were golden kiwifruit and I haven't used them for wine before, and just used the same recipe as I do for the normal green kiwifruit.Think it could have done with less sugar added, and probably a bit more citric acid or tannin or something, hasn't got any "bite".Bit disappointed with it really.I can't really complain as I was given the fruit, but I wouldn't use gold ones for wine again unless I adjusted the recipe.Much prefer the old green ones.

pickles7, Jun 20, 9:14am
OK, I had all the ingredients , once. Now I go buy tannin etc. as I require it. I have one more wine kit to make up, I will wait until it gets warmer, to make that one up. I am keen to source Apple concentrate here in Hastings. I know they make it here.

pickles7, Jun 20, 9:45am
How is your kiwifruit wine getting on!. It was the cooking of the skins, that made my peach wine cloudy, no amount of time will clear it. I except the word of a pro. I needed to add pectinase, at the start. I did with the feijoa wine/ vinegar and that is showings signs of clearing.

pickles7, Jun 21, 7:26am

kuaka, Jun 21, 8:21am
Well, I've got several 20 litre lots down, and haven't checked it lately, but I've also got two 1 gallon jars on the kitchen bench (I'll be pleased when they're drunk and I can have my bench space clear again!) and one is still a bit cloudy, the other is beautifully clear, but they are both a bit on the sweet side.These were golden kiwifruit and I haven't used them for wine before, and just used the same recipe as I do for the normal green kiwifruit.Think it could have done with less sugar added, and probably a bit more citric acid or tannin or something, hasn't got any "bite".Bit disappointed with it really.I can't really complain as I was given the fruit, but I wouldn't use gold ones for wine again unless I adjusted the recipe.Much prefer the old green ones.

toadfish, Jun 22, 6:33pm
Just to let you know...
Countdown Boness Chicken Breast - Weekly Wind Back 23/6 to 26/6.... $10.89
Great price time to stock up for me....

kuaka, Jun 22, 8:49pm
Yes, I received an email from them - I plan to get some today or tomorrow.

toadfish, Jun 23, 6:33pm
Just to let you know.
Countdown Boness Chicken Breast - Weekly Wind Back 23/6 to 26/6. $10.89
Great price time to stock up for me.