Help! Mum's pulling her hair out! lol

allurs, Jun 24, 2:06am
Hi guys! Ma's really stressed! Shes wanting to make Almond Biscuits but she's lost her recipe!
Sadly I hadn't copied it :(
Does anyone have a good old school recipe?
Really appreciate your help!

245sam, Jun 24, 2:28am
Almond Biscuits are my Mum's fav.When I make them for her I use this recipe from my old Edmond's cookbook.....

ALMOND BISCUITS
115g each of butter and sugar
few drops of almond essence
1 small egg
170g flour
1 tsp baking powder
blanched almond halves

Cream the butter, sugar and essence.Add the egg and beat well.Mix in the sifted flour and baking powder.Roll into small balls and place them on greased oven trays.Place an almond half on top of each ball and lightly press it down.
Bake at180°Cfor15-20 minutes.:-))

cookessentials, Jun 24, 2:28am
Not sure if it is the one she wants, but the biscuits and slices thread has almond biscuits there...with an almond on the top.

cookessentials, Jun 24, 3:08am
Post all your yummy recipes here.
ALMOND BISCUITS:1 egg white;1/2 tsp runny honey;1-2 drops almond essence;250g ground almonds;3/4 cup caster sugar;1 egg white extra;1 cup icing sugar approx;60g flaked almonds. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form,fold in honey and almond essence.Combine ground almonds and sugar cont.....

brianmac (133 )9:55 pm, Fri 7 Jul #1

add egg white mixture Cover & let stand 12 hours or overnight. Beay extra egg white until firm peaks form,add half the egg white to almond mixture.Roll tsp full of mix into small balls.Roll in sifted icing sugar.Place on greased oven trays and flatten slightly with the base of a glass.Brush tops with remaining beaten egg white.Press a few almond flakes on top.Bake mod slow oven about 20 mins. Makes about 30.

allurs, Jun 24, 4:45am
awww thank you tank you thank you!

she's gonna give them ago!