Am I going to be sick?

gadgetman, Jun 22, 1:57am
I have been wheat free for over 5 years now.
If I had something with wheat I got stomach problems later.

I just accidentally had half a burger which had a wheat bun! I was wondering how the bun tasted and felt weird. Kind of underbaked and gooey?
The guy from Burgerfuel chased me to the carpark and profusely apologised for giving a wrong bun. Too late as I could not vomit it out!
He took the half eaten burger away and did bring me a gluten / wheat free burger and voucher for a free one.

Now I am wondering if I am going to be sick?

bedazzledjewels, Jun 22, 1:58am
Probably just an almighty gut ache in a couple of hours.

gadgetman, Jun 22, 2:00am
And possibly loose bowels for few days so no cycling until sorted?

tomodew, Jun 22, 2:13am
wow does burger fuel do gluten free?.. just found out today im gluten and dairy intolerant...

pommyjohn1, Jun 22, 8:07pm
Burger Wisconsin also do a GF burger likewise Hells Pizza do a GF base

sumstyle, Jun 22, 8:23pm
That's good to know about Burger Wisconsin, thanks pommyj

gadgetman, Jun 22, 10:12pm
I feel still OK with my tummy. No pains or rushed trips to toilet. That is great news to me :-)
I must have cured out of my wheat intolerance?
This does not mean I would go back to eating all those wheaty fatty foods.

Lot of people think gluten free is same as wheat free but it is not so!
If you are just wheat free, you can eat barley, oats, rye and spelt. Unfortunately wheat being so cheap, the food manufacturers use only wheat :-(

I would be happy to pay extra if I can have a spelt bread, pizza or other occasional treats. People do not need wheat in their diet!

gadgetman, Jun 22, 10:18pm
Yes they do and yesterdays experiment proved me that their wheat and gluten free bun is tastier and crunchier than their wheat bun.
I found that the wheat bun was tasting yeasty and gluey.
Even those people who can eat wheat should try the wheat ftee bun. Just a dollar extra but tastes heaps better.

t.gypsy, Jun 22, 11:07pm
for those in takanini/papkura.. Carls Junior also does gluten free and the unique thing about this is they have their burger in that range wrapped in a lettuce leaf not a bun.

gadgetman, Jun 23, 8:27am
I wish I could have a spelt bun with my burger.
Venerdi makes spelt bread and buns but they are hard to come across in supermarkets.
I wonder if spelt flour is any good for making croissants? Have not had a croissant for ages.

gadgetman, Jun 23, 8:29am
what is a burger without a bun? Beef salad?
what

deus701, Jun 23, 8:31am
double down burger

t.gypsy, Jun 26, 3:29am
no its not a beef salad.. Its made like a burger but instead of using burger buns you use lettuce leaves.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 26, 4:28am
It's not on sale anymore.