Choko help

d.peabody, Jun 15, 8:30am
Hi, I peeled a choko for dinner and I seem to be having a horrible reaction. The skin on my hands is very red and feels like it is tight and shrinking! Has anybody else experienced this? Is it safe for me to eat them do you think?

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:38am
see your answers in parenting !

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:43am
Next time you peel them...wear gloves.

d.peabody, Jun 15, 8:47am
Hi Wheelz, Have you heard of this before? They are all saying don't eat. Thing is I have eaten them before? I am gutted cos I love choko. I have never cooked them before tho.

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:49am
you obviously have sensitive skin, the sap they exude when peeling them can do that. Fine to eat ( goodness why you'd want to eat tasteless watery things)

d.peabody, Jun 15, 8:52am
Have to say my mother-in-law is a fantastic cook! She could probably make brussel sprouts good! Thanks for you help.

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:54am
I'd rather eat brussel sprouts than beans anyday

d.peabody, Jun 15, 9:03am
My hubby would agree with you. I am not normally fussy but they are the my one thing.

duce3, Jun 15, 10:10am
I would say if you have eaten them before you can now.It is the slippery sap just under the skin that is doing it to you. It acts just like a facial mask drying and tightening your skin.Wash your hands again and use a fingernail brush to help get it off.
Next time peel them under running water and this won't happen.