Brussel sprouts how do you do

praxis2, May 31, 3:48am
yours.

wildflower, May 31, 3:52am
Just steam them for 15 min or so after taking off outside leaves and scoring the base of them.

praxis2, May 31, 3:53am
tried that, is there any flavourings you use.

wildflower, May 31, 4:10am
Nope, normally got plenty of flavour on their own.My father adds a little olivani type spread I think.You can apparently stir fry them too but I haven't tried that.

dilligaf_dah, May 31, 4:13am
Steam or Boil then drain add a little bacon stock or cubbed bacon pieces and olive oil and toss.

harrislucinda, May 31, 4:26am
iboilin chicken stockputaxwithknifeonbottomofsprout
itryedrichards,from countdown,way,ofblanchingandthenfryingbuttook2long tocook

glenleigh, May 31, 4:33am
I steam mine and toss in a little garlic butter before serving.Yummy

lindylambchops1, May 31, 4:38am
Microwave them they are nice & crunchy.

bearskin, May 31, 4:42am
One of the most divine veggies around. Boil them and slather with butter and seasoning...They are also glorious shredded and stir fried.

jag5, May 31, 7:37am
Quickly boiled (x in the bottom makes them cook faster and evenly) little salt and sugar....the sugar takes away the bitterness they can sometimes have.Yummy

nick2178, May 31, 7:41am
I cut mine in half, and boil lightly, then eat with lots of butter and salt.

gardie, May 31, 8:14am
I microwave them too but I prefer them a little softer than crunchy - but definately NOT mushy.

jenner4, May 31, 9:21am
Cook as above , drain, fry diced bacon them diced onion in the bacon dripping , add the sprouts , eat
Cook and drain , melt butter , add curry powder, when mixed add the cooked sprouts , eat

dbab, May 31, 9:12pm
Sprinkle them with a little nutmeg when cooked. Yumm

margyr, May 31, 9:22pm
last year I chucked them in with the roast vege for about 15 mins in the oven, they were yum, so if doing a roast I now roast them, or just boil and toss in butter and pepper.

duce3, May 31, 10:31pm
microwave with a little lemon juice or cut in half in a stir fry.

kinna54, May 31, 10:53pm
I saw Richard Till on Tv doing a demo with them. He peeled the outside layer, scored the cross in the bottom quick boiled and drained under cold water and then lightly sauteed or strir fried them I think? Maybe its on the countdown ads recipe site?

cgvl, May 31, 11:05pm
I steam mine and then lather them in cheese sauce ...... yuccky things they are but DH loves them, so me I have to eat them as well.
I have had them in stir fry and didn't mind them, might try the addition of sugar nest time.