Tip of the week

lindylambchops1, May 26, 7:44am
Pickles is a genius!Pickles suggests when buying potatoes by the sack tip the contents into a box which is kept in your vehicle so if they are not 100% perfect you can immediately return them to the store before you even leave the car park & get home.

Thank you Pickles that is the Tip of the Week!

lissy73, May 26, 8:05am
Very good idea! :)

lindylambchops1, May 27, 12:06am
Anyone else got any tips to share?

deus701, May 27, 2:18am
wouldn't they think you might have brought a bad bag of potatoes from home and trying to exchange them for new ones?

winnie231, May 27, 2:41am
deus - not if you've got the docket which shows you only left the shop moments brfore ...

mistie-blue, May 27, 5:50am
My ex Father in-law used to do just this but in the shop embarrassing

eastie3, May 27, 5:56am
Along the same lines as lindy,I always check my receipt before I leave the store.It's amazing how many errors they make,and if I wait until I get home I often can't be bothered going back,finding a park and waiting for ages at the service desk before they grudgingly sort it out.

deus701, May 27, 6:12am
Well, people intending to do so would probably have the bad potatoes ready in the car so all they do is walk to the car, swap swap and come back. Anyway, be intresting to hear if anyone has luck with this tip recently.

rainrain1, May 27, 6:20am
dam silly idea if you ask me

poppy500, May 27, 6:42am
Check Supermarket dockets before you leave!!
In my last three visits to a supermarket I have been overcharged for 1 item at Countdown (who by the way are the worst offerders for regualrly overcharging you more than what is displayed on the shelf), three items (out of only 10!!) at New World and today for 1 item (out of a huge trolley full) at Pak N Save.
Much better to check before you leave to avoid having to trapse back!

winnie231, May 27, 8:13am
If there are people who are really tragic enough to do this then I guess karma will bite them in the bum some other way ... but for the honest people who have had a bad experiences in the past, then I think it's a good idea to try.
Just the same as the check your docket advice.
In these economic times - well, I can only speak as someone who lost home & job to an earthquake ... 2nd rate for top dollar is not good enough!

wheelz, May 27, 9:13am
I can't see why they do it grudgingly...the money doesn't come out of their wage.

kuaka, May 27, 9:24am
I always check my dockets, but it pays to do it after you've gone through the checkout, or before you leave the carpark.If you query a price at the checkout, it gets corrected.If you have been overcharged and you query it after you've checked out, then they refund the amount of the purchase, not just the amount overcharged.Today I went back to the four square shop because yesterday I bought (amongst other things) a NZ Herald.Got home and found I'd been charged for 2 Heralds, and a Sunday Star Times, and then the Sunday Star Times had been credited.I definitely didn't buy two Heralds.They gave me my money back but I have noticed that they seem to be reluctant to hand over the docket, they rip it off the till, and have it halfway to the rubbish bin as they say "did you want your docket" - I've noticed most people say no.