Dublin coddle

pog_mo_thoin, May 26, 4:44am
Dublin coddle is what used to be a poor mans coddle back in the old days when sausages and bacon was the cheapest form of meat you could get .this is no longer the case, but i still find this to be the best winter warmer for those cold nights
Every family in Dublinhas they're own way of cooking a coddle ...this is mine

Get some island bay or good high pork content butcher sausages . fat or thin you decide
Some good streaky bacon or bacon pieces ...get this at the butcher too if ye like
potatoes
carrots
onions
salt and pepper
water to fill the pot
and a herb bouquet or water ever the correct name is .
add everything to a large pot and boil the bejaysus out of it until the spuds are soft .
now ,you can eat it like this which is probably the authentic way or add some veg stock , a pack of veg soup or chicken soup if you like.
be sure to mix soup packet in a cup of cold water before adding to the coddle .
simmer for another half hour and then let rest for bout 5 mins
eat with some super fresh bread and butter .
Nothing warms the cockles of your heart like this famous Irish dish ...... from Dublin
As with most stew's it tastes even better the next day . Sorry no room for a Guinness after this one

rainrain1, May 26, 6:53am
mmmmm sounds good for a cold winters night

badams1, May 26, 7:00am
oh you wee darlin, pog mo thoin, going to make this asap..and toast ,to my old dad long gone,im an oconnell from dublin. nz born.

pog_mo_thoin, May 27, 4:44am
Dublin coddle is what used to be a poor mans coddle back in the old days when sausages and bacon was the cheapest form of meat you could get .this is no longer the case, but i still find this to be the best winter warmer for those cold nights
Every family in Dublinhas they're own way of cooking a coddle .this is mine

Get some island bay or good high pork content butcher sausages . fat or thin you decide
Some good streaky bacon or bacon pieces .get this at the butcher too if ye like
potatoes
carrots
onions
salt and pepper
water to fill the pot
and a herb bouquet or water ever the correct name is .
add everything to a large pot and boil the bejaysus out of it until the spuds are soft .
now ,you can eat it like this which is probably the authentic way or add some veg stock , a pack of veg soup or chicken soup if you like.
be sure to mix soup packet in a cup of cold water before adding to the coddle .
simmer for another half hour and then let rest for bout 5 mins
eat with some super fresh bread and butter .
Nothing warms the cockles of your heart like this famous Irish dish . from Dublin
As with most stew's it tastes even better the next day . Sorry no room for a Guinness after this one

badams1, May 27, 7:00am
oh you wee darlin, pog mo thoin, going to make this asap.and toast ,to my old dad long gone,im an oconnell from dublin. nz born.