Julia and julia, love that movie!

pheebs1, May 26, 12:55am
dont ya love that movie!i got inspired and made beouf bourginon
without a packet and the first time i had floured and browned the meat first then removed it to my crockpot cooked off onions and carrots mushrooms in the meat pan, removed them to the crockpot and then de glased the pan with a good cup and a half of red wine.
bare in mind that i have never used or drunk red wine but it was a gift long left sitting and i felt a julia momentmake me use it
cooked it of put juices in crockpot with homemade tomatoes puree and some herbs
put in crock on high for an hour and slow for 4-5
not at all sure how it would turn out
it was heaven rich andthe meat was perfectand i was so pleased with myself i had to share
bon apetite!

charlieb2, May 26, 1:52am
good on you pheebs and Yes I did enjoy that movie!

fifie, May 26, 1:55am
Great movie, good for you making a nice meal sounds lovely, i believe to the browning of the meat etc first is the secret to good C/pot flavour, takes a little time but well worth it. Have 2 that get hammered in the winter months anything from soup, desserts, roasts, so much you can do in them and easy cooking if youre busy..

greerg, May 26, 2:16am
I see you can get slowcookers with a browning plate now.Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

fifie, May 27, 1:55am
Great movie, good for you making a nice meal sounds lovely, i believe to the browning of the meat etc first is the secret to good C/pot flavour, takes a little time but well worth it. Have 2 that get hammered in the winter months anything from soup, desserts, roasts, so much you can do in them and easy cooking if youre busy.

greerg, May 27, 2:16am
I see you can get slowcookers with a browning plate now.Does anyone have any experience with one of these!