When an agria is not an agria!

Page 1 / 2
pheebs1, May 26, 12:28am
im brassed off! they are the most expensive and the best so when you buy a bag clearly labelled agria and you get gome to an bag of insipid white things
instead of my lovely golden agrias
it makes me crazy!this was at a local large fruit store as i thought id give it a go
and i have been duped! to wet to go back with a baby
i have even had from the grocery store a bag with a mixture im sure they do it to weigh it out and charge more
bah humbug!

beaker59, May 26, 4:32am
I find Agria's are rarely Agria's now days so don't buy them anymore heaps of better potatoes about anyway.

lindylambchops1, May 26, 4:42am
Agria's are my favs too.I agree they ain't what they used to be!My latest bag is crap there is a mouldy potato right in the middle of the bag & yes these are white!Should take them back but too far to travel.Grrrrr......

gerry64, May 26, 4:44am
Woolworths over here in Oz have now a policy that you can take any fruit or vegies back without a docket or any proof of purchase if you are not satisfied for a refund - have had several bags of spuds that havent lasted very long at all but havent kept the docket so I intend not to get ripped off with spuds anymore

pickles7, May 26, 7:39am
I am near going to tip the next bag of spuds I buy out into a box. I am done buying potatoes only to find a mixture some good other not so good still more3 just rubbish. I keep meaning to return the rubbish, but forget etc. Much better to sort the problem out before leaving the store.

lindylambchops1, May 26, 7:41am
Great idea!Tip them into a box before you leave the car park,

uli, May 26, 7:57am
I just bought a 10kg bag of organic agrias from Chantals and they are wonderful :)
Why buy from a supermarket if you can have the real organic thing? I eat very few spuds and these will last me till end of winter :)

kuaka, May 26, 8:16am
because some of us don't have a choice - here it's the supermarket or the four square or the dairy.

bluecalico, May 26, 8:47am
Someone told me that if you buy potatoes with the growers name on them they are always better quality.......sounds feasible.

pheebs1, May 26, 8:53am
golly i didnt relise the spud carnage was so wide spread!
those shop owners are beggars!

sherylt, May 26, 6:56pm
For anyone in the Christchurch area, the guy at the Riccarton Sunday Markets sells really good Agria potatoes. We don't buy spuds anywhere else now.

holly-rocks, May 27, 12:48am
Look for potatoes grown in Waimate! They are the best ever! Nice and yellow and massive! They make AMESOME jacket potatoes. :)

lindylambchops1, May 27, 12:55am
I usually buy my Agria's from Raeward fresh Harewood Rd Christchurch but my last bag was not up to the usual good standard.

glenleigh, May 27, 1:03am
Just bought Agria's loose from Countdown, hope they taste as good as they look.Not keen on the insipid looking white ones on offer.

fruitbat, May 27, 1:12am
I buy mine at the Vege markets in Wellington on Sunday...You can pick your own freshly dug Agria....You know they are Agria just by the yellow look...always delish! Especially mashed with milk and butter.

t.gypsy, May 27, 1:14am
well we don't get agria but rua and personally i like the flavour of the rua potatoes over the agria.

fisher, May 27, 1:40am
We have a magic vege shop up here..... anything that's crap I just ring up when I get home and they replace it out (usually with more) next time Im up in Kaitaia..
Have a nice report with the owner... 90% from there and 10% from pak n slave...Ive only seen ONE white spud in with my agrias and he just gave me a 3kg bag hehehe...
MOST of my veges are home grown but we have run out of spuds.. which we had agrias and jersey bennies...spud patch has been turned over and fertilised and now heaps of compost going in...Come spring I will rotary hoe and plant out again...find a spot/patch and grown your own....

tipsy_bl0nde, May 27, 2:56am
i know this sounds silly but i always buy loose agrias as i can pick out the good ones. at 1.98 a kilo its not too bad but i normally only buy 2 kilos a week and then a big bulk bag which lasts ages. i get mine from countdown botany and i havent been disapointed with them..... yet

beaker59, May 27, 4:32am
I find Agria's are rarely Agria's now days so don't buy them anymore heaps of better potatoes about anyway.

lindylambchops1, May 27, 4:42am
Agria's are my favs too.I agree they ain't what they used to be!My latest bag is crap there is a mouldy potato right in the middle of the bag & yes these are white!Should take them back but too far to travel.Grrrrr.

onekiwigirl, May 27, 4:56am
I have returned sub standard vegetables at our Paknsave and they were happy to give me my money back.It was a whole cabbage that was about to flower but one could not see until cut open.

I am sure that Woolworths used to guarantee their vege department and actually say that you can return sub standard veges.

If that was me I would return the potatoes to the store and get my money back. Agria usually cost more so you would actually want them to be agria potatoes which are yellow inside and not some white potatoes!

Cheers

pickles7, May 27, 7:39am
I am near going to tip the next bag of spuds I buy out into a box. I am done buying potatoes only to find a mixture ,some good other not so good, still more just rubbish. I keep meaning to return the rubbish, but forget etc. Much better to sort the problem out before leaving the store.

kuaka, May 27, 8:16am
because some of us don't have a choice - here it's the supermarket or the four square or the dairy.

bluecalico, May 27, 8:47am
Someone told me that if you buy potatoes with the growers name on them they are always better quality.sounds feasible.

sherylt, May 27, 6:56pm
For anyone in the Christchurch area, the guy at the Riccarton Sunday Markets sells really good Agria potatoes. We don't buy spuds anywhere else now.