Care package for uni student

Page 1 / 2
pamellie, May 23, 4:57am
I'm sending some baking to my daughter at uni. I usually only put baking in it but I'm trying to think of something different this time. I don't really want to go to the supermarket and spend a small fortune on stuff.

Any suggestions (plus what you would might send) would be most welcome.

toadfish, May 23, 5:31am
I am sending to my daughters friend an aromatherapy Shower gel and scrubber... Lavender & Rosemary so she can have a nice hot shower at night and then a good nights sleep.... essential for study imo.

sue1955, May 23, 6:42am
I have a friend who is sending Lemsip, panadol etc for those winter colds plus tampons, shampoo, moisturiser etc to her daughter. You know, all those things that they don't think of & or can't afford.

juliewn, May 23, 1:48pm
I've also sent things like packets of pasta - the bags of spirals, shells, etc.. not the packet mixes, rice, coffee, tea,

Groceries to make a meal - corn chips/taco shells & baked beans/ chilli beans for a quick meal.. add some salad ingredients and then the beans on the corn chips with salad is a quick easy meal.

I've sent things that aren't too heavy for posting, however will help with the cost of groceries..

toadfish, May 23, 5:40pm
Great Ideas, I stayed away from food as they get fed really well at the halls of residence...

malcovy, May 23, 8:41pm
I sent to my son the basics ie shaving cream, razors etc plus a small sewing kit, lollies, pens.I used a courier to send it to him.It was a package of love to my son that made me feel great.

chrisynz, May 23, 9:15pm
agree with panadol, lemsip etc and a top up card for her cellphone

beebs, May 23, 9:26pm
toiletries, shower gel, favourite shampoo, razors

supercook, May 24, 12:11am
Favourite lollies or chocolate bars

bellter, May 24, 2:05am
and all the little things they forget but need...bandaids, light bulbs, even a top up for the phone so they can call and say hello (and thanks) :-)

pamellie, May 24, 2:55am
All good ideas, thanks everyone.

pamellie, May 24, 4:57am
I'm sending some baking to my daughter at uni. I usually only put baking in it but I'm trying to think of something different this time. I don't really want to go to the supermarket and spend a small fortune on stuff.

Any suggestions (plus what you would might send) would be most welcome.

toadfish, May 24, 5:31am
I am sending to my daughters friend an aromatherapy Shower gel and scrubber. Lavender & Rosemary so she can have a nice hot shower at night and then a good nights sleep. essential for study imo.

sue1955, May 24, 6:42am
I have a friend who is sending Lemsip, panadol etc for those winter colds plus tampons, shampoo, moisturiser etc to her daughter. You know, all those things that they don't think of & or can't afford.

juliewn, May 24, 1:48pm
I've also sent things like packets of pasta - the bags of spirals, shells, etc. not the packet mixes, rice, coffee, tea,

Groceries to make a meal - corn chips/taco shells & baked beans/ chilli beans for a quick meal. add some salad ingredients and then the beans on the corn chips with salad is a quick easy meal.

I've sent things that aren't too heavy for posting, however will help with the cost of groceries.

toadfish, May 24, 5:40pm
Great Ideas, I stayed away from food as they get fed really well at the halls of residence.

blyme_jerv, May 24, 11:52pm
stuff all the flatties wont get stuck into!

bellter, May 25, 2:05am
and all the little things they forget but need.bandaids, light bulbs, even a top up for the phone so they can call and say hello (and thanks) :-)

kob, May 25, 6:19pm
a petrol voucher so they can come home!!!!!!!! lol thats normally what I include, or some video vouchers so they can have a nite in a watch a good dvd, that way you can compare notes if you both like the same movies,or a graocery voucher, heaps cheaper than posting the food, ( i know you cant beat mums baking or cooking) but instead of sending uncooked stuff why not just send a voucher that way when its there night to cook they can buy whats needed or, another option is a pizza hutt voucher that whay the can get it delivered.

calista, May 26, 12:35am
Kob - the voucher idea is inspired!

malcovy, May 26, 12:43am
Yes it is a great idea.Do they still do vouchers for petrol or are they cards?

greerg, May 26, 1:42am
A card from the sushi place, book or magazine,vitamin C tablets.I think the key is variety in the box and between times.But in Dunedin anyway the baking seems to be a surefire winner.

kob, May 26, 2:55am
hehe your correct petol vouchers are now cards and if you know their card number you can reload it for them.......same as their phones as long as your have them loaded to your credit card when you chose to LOL you can upload $20 top up or more.......I love getting my kids a suprise pizza delivered ill ring them and be talking to them and they will be humming and harring about what to have for tea, 20 minutes later, they ring mum your so naughty, but thats what mums are for, dont get me wrong I still post baking and do mummy meals so they can take their chilly bins home with them for those dont want to cook nights,but vouhers are great and if you have hotpoints on your visa and use your visa heaps ( i use mine or everything and pay it off before due date)you obtain a lot of points that you can get vouchers in return, its a shame flubuys didnt have the voucher option.

yeti45, May 26, 3:28am
I started sending care packages to my son but soon discovered the postage often cost more than the package items.. I then got onto the woolworths supermarket site that offers deliveries. I have sent my son several packages through them. Delivery fee depends on the amount spent pretty much. Much cheaper than by post. The site offers all sorts of categories just as if you were in the supermarket. Rice, pasta, a large block of cheese (which they often won't buy becuase of cost) was much appreciated.

pamellie, May 26, 3:44am
Kob, I love your suprise pizza delivery idea!!