Help please

Page 1 / 2
jes.c, May 22, 7:30am
I need some super easy and quick recipes that are healthy for a family of four, and when i say easy i mean easy i am the worst cook you could find and i want to help my partner out with the cooking i think he is getting tired of it lol - Thanks

jessie981, May 22, 8:04am
When you decide what you'd like to cook, go into the lefthand messageboard & under keyword put e.g mince pie. Then under date posted put anytime. There are hundreds of recipes from other peeps & rather than you get heaps, you can chose yourself. Good cooking..

unknowndisorder, May 22, 8:22am
I've bumped a thread (couldn't quite remember what it was called or who'd started it), and my searches were coming up blank

Anyway, have a look at the thread cooking class 101

theanimal1, May 22, 8:24am
All Day Crock Pot Delight

2 pounds boneless chuck, cut in 1" cubes (can use gravy beef or brisket meat)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups beer
1/4 cup flour
Coat beef cubes with the 1/2 cup flour. Brown in melted butter. Drain off
excess fat. In crock pot, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper,
garlic and beer. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours (all day) until meat is
tender. Turn control to high. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small
amount of water. Stir into casseroleand stir til thickened.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:26am
ITALIANCHICKEN

2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 green pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Sliced onion
1 lg. jar pasta sauce
Chicken (boneless) breasts, quartered

Wash chicken.Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic together.Coat chicken, brown in oil, then drain.Top chicken with peppers and onions (sliced).Add sauce on top.Cover and simmer about 1 hour.Serve with spaghetti.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:29am
Ming Ling meal in a pot

1kg. Mince
1 large Apple, peeled and chopped
1/2 Tbsp. Curry Powder
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
4 cups Water
1 packet Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce
3 Tbsp. uncooked Rice
3 Carrots, grated
1 Cabbage, chopped fine

Brown mince and onions in a large pot.
Add apple, sugar, curry, sauces, rice and water and boil 15 minutes.
Add carrot, soup and cabbage.
Mix in well and cook another 15 minutes.

Serve with warm crisp rolls.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:30am
Mexican Mince and Potato Bake

•1 teaspoon olive oil •500g beef mince •2-3 cloves of garlic – finely sliced •1 green capsicum - chopped •1 yellow capsicum - chopped •8 spring onions (2 bunches) sliced •3 small-medium tomatoes – chopped •1 teaspoon chilli powder •1 tablespoon ground cumin •1 teaspoon garlic salt •1/2 teaspoon black pepper •1/4 teaspoon salt, •3-5 large baking potatoes, sliced thin, •3/4 cup grated tasty cheese.

Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large pan, heat the oil, add the mince, capsicums and spring onions. Cook, stirring as needed, until the mince is browned and the vegetables are softened. Add tomatoes, spices and salt, cook, stirring as needed until the flavours are blended, about five minutes. Arrange layers of the potatoes and mince mixture in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes, uncover and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake until the potatoes are cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes longer.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:30am
Bacon Ranch Potatoes

6 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
1 cup 4% cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups cheese
1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cottage cheese, milk, onion and dressing mix. Spread in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon and cheese. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly

macca184

theanimal1, May 22, 8:31am
"Pams creamy potatoes" recipe, so here it is.
25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic,crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes,peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs,lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter,garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.

cookessentials (954 )

theanimal1, May 22, 8:32am
CORNCHOWDER

6 slices bacon, diced
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
2 c. diced raw potatoes
1 1/2 c. water
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 c. cream style corn
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. flour
3 c. milk
Parsley, shredded cheese, corn chips

Fry bacon until crisp.Remove bacon.Saute onion in 2 tablespoons bacon drippings until transparent, not brown.Cook potatoes in the water with salt, sauted onion and bacon in covered pan until tender.Add pepper and corn.Blend oil and flour, stir in milk and cook until slightly thickened.Add to corn mixture: sprinkle parsley, shredded cheese or chips over the top.Serve immediately and piping hot.Makes 6 servings.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:33am
Bacon, Cheese and Onion Croquettes

2 cups fresh soft breadcrumbs.. 2 spring onions.. 1 cup grated cheese.. 3 rashers bacon.. 1/2 tsp salt.. pepper.. 1 cup dried breadcrumbs.. 1 egg.. 1 tbsp water... Add sliced spring onions to soft crumbs, add cheese... Mix in diced bacon and season... Leave in fridge to cool ... Shape as required... Beat egg and water, dip in croquettes then roll in dry crumbs... Place in fridge to help set and then fry in butter/oil... Can dip in Coat n Cook if wanted..

theanimal1, May 22, 8:34am
Baked Chicken Wraps

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts

250g pot cream cheese

sundried tomatoes – 2 per breast

streaky bacon – 2 rashers per breast

baby spinach – 4 leaves per breast

1 400g can Wattie’s Flavoured Savoury Tomatoes - Mexican
Instructions:

Slice chicken breasts in half. Spread cream cheese on the bottom half. Add sundried tomatoes and spinach, place the top half back on top then wrap in streaky bacon (2 rashers per breast). Wrap in tin foil and bake in moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Heat Wattie’s Mexican Tomatoes and spoon over chicken breasts when serving.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:35am
CHEESE AND BACON FLAN

1 Cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
50g Butter
3 tbsp water

1. Put flour into medium bowl. Add salt. Rub in butter. Add water to
make a stiff dough. Line a greased flan tin.

FILLING

1x bacon
1/2 Cup Cheese
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon Milk
1/4 teaspoon Salt

1. Cut up bacon, put on pastry.
2. Add grated cheese.
3. Beat eggs, salt & milk. Pour over bacon and cheese.
4. Bake until set.

can also add semi cooked broccoli, courgettes, and grated carrot.

theanimal1, May 22, 8:37am
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

8 Sausages .. 2 Cups Boiling Water
1 onion .. 2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Carrot .. 4 Tbsp Flour
S & P .. 4 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tbsp Tomato or Worcester Sauce

Place sausages in casserole dish. Grate over carrot & onion. Mix
Sugar & Flour. Vinegar, S&P & Sauce with 2 Cups of boiling water.
Cook at 350f
180c for 1 hour

serves 4

icemaiden001, May 23, 3:42am
At what heat do I bake it ??? :)

icemaiden001, May 23, 3:56am
Bumping ... nearly ready to hit the oven .... PLEASE !!!

fordy18, May 23, 4:15am
I googled a couple other savoury flan recipes and they are baking at approx 200 deg C.Hope that helps, but can't promise anything!;)

jessie981, May 23, 8:04am
When you decide what you'd like to cook, go into the lefthand messageboard & under keyword put e.g mince pie. Then under date posted put anytime. There are hundreds of recipes from other peeps & rather than you get heaps, you can chose yourself. Good cooking.

unknowndisorder, May 23, 8:22am
I've bumped a thread (couldn't quite remember what it was called or who'd started it), and my searches were coming up blank

Anyway, have a look at the thread cooking class 101

theanimal1, May 23, 8:31am
corn fritters

4 rashers of bacon salsa
1c self raising flour 3 ripe tomatos
1 egg ½ onion
1c milk squeeze lemon juice
400gm can whole kernel corn 1tsp sweet chilli sauce
1-2 tsp chopped chives 2tsp chopped parsley
Oil for cooking

Grill bacon and keep warm in oven on baking paper
Place flour in bowl, make well in centre and break in egg add half the milk. Whisk together til smooth adding remainder of milk. Add drained corn, chives, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in frying pan and cook big spoonfuls of mixture. When bubbles form on the top, turn and complete cooking on other side. Keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
To serve, place large corn fritter onto a warmed plate, add slice of bacon and a spoonful of salsa. Add another fritter and some more salsa and top off with dollop of sour cream.
Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and stand 10 mins before using

courtesy of ariel11 xxx

theanimal1, May 23, 8:32am
Potato Blocks

1 egg
1 Tblsp chopped parsley
pepper and salt to taste
2 cups mashed potato
1/2 cup flour
Add egg, parsley, pepper and salt to mashed potato. Then add enough flour to make mixture firm. Press out on a floured board like scone mixture. Cut into blocks. Fry both sides till crisp

rainrain1

theanimal1, May 23, 8:33am
Bacon, Cheese and Onion Croquettes

2 cups fresh soft breadcrumbs. 2 spring onions. 1 cup grated cheese. 3 rashers bacon. 1/2 tsp salt. pepper. 1 cup dried breadcrumbs. 1 egg. 1 tbsp water. Add sliced spring onions to soft crumbs, add cheese. Mix in diced bacon and season. Leave in fridge to cool . Shape as required. Beat egg and water, dip in croquettes then roll in dry crumbs. Place in fridge to help set and then fry in butter/oil. Can dip in Coat n Cook if wanted.

theanimal1, May 23, 8:35am
Cheese and Onion Fritters

1 Cup flour,1 tsp b,powder,1 cup grated cheese , 1 chopped onion, 1 egg and salt and pepper and half a cup milk,Mix and put in spoonfull lots in hot oil or fat.Fry for a few minutes on either side.

I add corn, tomato, capsicum and grated carrot to ours.
( add ham, bacon salami etc if you like)

theanimal1, May 23, 8:37am
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

8 Sausages . 2 Cups Boiling Water
1 onion . 2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Carrot . 4 Tbsp Flour
S & P . 4 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tbsp Tomato or Worcester Sauce

Place sausages in casserole dish. Grate over carrot & onion. Mix
Sugar & Flour. Vinegar, S&P & Sauce with 2 Cups of boiling water.
Cook at 350f
180c for 1 hour

serves 4

theanimal1, May 23, 8:37am
self crusting quiche

Ingredients

* 3 eggs
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 cup grated cheese
* 1 tablespoon oil
* ½ cup self raising flour
* 1½ cups milk
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* filling as desired - bacon, mushrooms, salmon, tomatoes, peppers etcÖ

Method

Preheat
oven to 150 C. Place all ingredients in a plastic container with a fitted
lid and shake for 1 minute. Add chopped filling ingredients and then pour
into a greased quiche dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes.