Tarte Tatin

tinamac, May 20, 10:13pm
I am intending to make this for a dinner party this evening and need help with the pastry.Most of the recipes say to use a good quality puff pasty otherwise I will make one.Can anyone please suggest a brand of bought pastry or a recipe of a yummy home-made one?
Thankyou.

afjos, May 20, 10:38pm
I buy Edmonds pastry, always good. Put a LOT of apple in your tart, they do shrink quite a bit on cooking. Good luck, It's easy and delicious.

olwen, May 20, 10:56pm
Butter puff pastry, not the cheaper one made with other fats.

tinamac, May 20, 11:04pm
Thankyou both for your suggestions.
I will let you know how it goes.LOL

gaspodetwd, May 21, 8:10am
You need butter pastry. Don't forget to get just the right apples - so important! I like fairly sour ones as they contrast with the sweetness of everything else.

pickles7, May 21, 8:11am
darn thought the post-er had added a pic.

harrislucinda, May 21, 9:05am
saidbrea burn applesthebestfor this

tinamac, May 21, 10:13pm
I am intending to make this for a dinner party this evening and need help with the pastry.Most of the recipes say to use a good quality puff pasty otherwise I will make one.Can anyone please suggest a brand of bought pastry or a recipe of a yummy home-made one!
Thankyou.

afjos, May 21, 10:38pm
I buy Edmonds pastry, always good. Put a LOT of apple in your tart, they do shrink quite a bit on cooking. Good luck, It's easy and delicious.

tinamac, May 21, 10:46pm
Reporting back and I am happy to say it was a success.I used the Edmonds Puff Pastry and Gala apples,it was really yummy.Next time I will perfect it and arrange my apple slices a little neater,but the taste of the caramel,apples and pastry combo was just divine.I also need to buy a proper pan that can be used both stove top and in the oven,it was a little tricky transferring the caramel into another dish,then placing the apples followed by the pastry on top.Thanks for your help.

pickles7, May 22, 12:43am
Next time I make one, I will post a pic.

gaspodetwd, May 22, 8:10am
You need butter pastry. Don't forget to get just the right apples - so important! I like fairly sour ones as they contrast with the sweetness of everything else.