Lactose and Protein intolarant

fourz, May 20, 9:31am
My friends baby is both lactose and protein intolerant. It is her birthday in a few weeks and I want to make her a birthday cake but don't know where to find a recipe for such a cake could some kind person help me please.Or another suggestion if cake is not possible.Many thanks

lythande1, May 21, 6:02am
Well protein? Not much in flour. Lactose? That's milk. Not that hard I would imagine.

buzzy110, May 21, 6:10am
Start at the beginning. We can all help you but it would be best if we knew exactly what the baby cannot and can eat.

For instance, can she eat cream and butter but not milk, yoghurt, cheeses (sour and cream)? Can she eat eggs or are they banned entirely?

Out of curiosity does she have phenylketonuria?

herika, May 21, 6:57am
Hi,
I think the best thing to do would be to ask the mother what the child can and cant have.That way you avoid a possible disaster happening.All the best, its a nice thing for you to want to do.

fourz, May 21, 9:31am
My friends baby is both lactose and protein intolerant. It is her birthday in a few weeks and I want to make her a birthday cake but don't know where to find a recipe for such a cake could some kind person help me please.Or another suggestion if cake is not possible.Many thanks

lythande1, May 22, 6:02am
Well protein! Not much in flour. Lactose! That's milk. Not that hard I would imagine.

buzzy110, May 22, 6:10am
Start at the beginning. We can all help you but it would be best if we knew exactly what the baby cannot and can eat.

For instance, can she eat cream and butter but not milk, yoghurt, cheeses (sour and cream)! Can she eat eggs or are they banned entirely!

Can she tolerate gelatine!

Out of curiosity does she have phenylketonuria!

uli, May 26, 8:03am
Surely the baby cannot be protein intolerant - it would be dead by now. The body needs protein to grow and repair itself. Maybe ask the mother what exactly the baby cannot eat.

jetxr8, May 26, 8:10am
Hi, given the baby's intolarances; if you want to make a cake, as a suggestion, why not make a "diaper cake" instead.If you Google it, you will find instructions on how to make this, on YT.Cheers.

carlos57, May 26, 9:47am
Someone who has PKU could be described as being protein intolerant. If that is the baby's condition she probably has to have a special (on prescription) low protein flour. Just guessing about the condition...

jasmine77, May 26, 9:22pm
Did you mean the baby is intolerant to milk protein? in which case anything with dairy is out of the question.

jetxr8, May 27, 8:10am
Hi, given the baby's intolarances; if you want to make a cake, as a suggestion, why not make a "diaper cake" instead.If you Google it, you will find instructions on how to make this, on YT.Cheers.

carlos57, May 27, 9:47am
Someone who has PKU could be described as being protein intolerant. If that is the baby's condition she probably has to have a special (on prescription) low protein flour. Just guessing about the condition.

jasmine77, May 27, 9:22pm
Did you mean the baby is intolerant to milk protein! in which case anything with dairy is out of the question.