Mini quiches

obsidianwings, May 18, 10:48pm
I plan on making some mini quiches for a side tomorrow, using this recipe:
http://www.kidspot.co.nz/recipes-for+2762+11+Party-food+Cheese-and-bacon-mini-quiches.htm
I note in the recipe it says to use a cupcake pan, is this the same a muffin one?
I only have silicone muffin pans so just wanting to make sure it will work with that before I go for it.

obsidianwings, May 18, 10:57pm
Also, I could see it being a pain to blind bake in a muffin tin, but would the pasty just go soggy without it? I am planning on using shortcrust rather than puff as that is our preference

thitryfiver, May 19, 1:52am
I have made many dozens of thesein mini muffin pans, I cut sheets of pastry into 12 wee squares , just push intosprayed pans so 4 corners poke up, no need to blind bake, I put some grated cheese on base before onion mix, then pour over egg, You could probably do same for normal size muffin pan, would need larger squares . although with mini pans you get 3 dozen from 3 sheets pastry.

obsidianwings, May 19, 7:46pm
Thanks for that :)

obsidianwings, May 19, 10:48pm
I plan on making some mini quiches for a side tomorrow, using this recipe:
http://www.kidspot.co.nz/recipes-for+2762+11+Party-food+Cheese-and-bacon-mini-quiches.htm
I note in the recipe it says to use a cupcake pan, is this the same a muffin one!
I only have silicone muffin pans so just wanting to make sure it will work with that before I go for it.

obsidianwings, May 19, 10:57pm
Also, I could see it being a pain to blind bake in a muffin tin, but would the pasty just go soggy without it! I am planning on using shortcrust rather than puff as that is our preference

chooky, May 20, 6:41am
I make the self crusting quiche's in the texas muffin tins for the family to take to work/school. They turn out really good.Just whatever you have in the fridge.

chooky, May 21, 6:41am
I make the self crusting quiche's in the texas muffin tins for the family to take to work/school. They turn out really good.Just whatever you have in the fridge.