Savoloys

grandma, May 17, 8:22pm
I know I have asked before (I really must write it down this time) - it's my turn to prepare supper for a group of men and want to cut the savs into pieces.Do I cut them before or after heating them?

ellie04, May 17, 9:56pm
I would cut them after heating them.

gusthe1, May 18, 2:48am
Real men eat their savs whole.

kob, May 18, 2:58am
or you could cut in 3 and diplightly in cornflour and then drop into a simple beer batter and make mini hotdogs

grandma, May 18, 3:53am
Many thanks for your advice everyone - gusthe, I'm economising by cutting them up so they go further!

rainrain1, May 18, 5:13am
Don't forget the tomato sauce

pickles7, May 18, 8:22am
I just had to come in here and let everyone know. Watch out for "chicken saveloys and chicken Frankfurters.I just about bought some then notice3d they were chicken. We do not eat any processed chicken.

jessie981, May 18, 9:27am
I cut before cooking

grandma, May 18, 8:22pm
I know I have asked before (I really must write it down this time) - it's my turn to prepare supper for a group of men and want to cut the savs into pieces.Do I cut them before or after heating them!

grandma, May 19, 3:53am
Many thanks for your advice everyone - gusthe, I'm economising by cutting them up so they go further!

rainrain1, May 19, 5:13am
Don't forget the tomato sauce

grandma, May 19, 6:01am
Savs went down a treat.I heated them first then cut them into thirds (and yes, I did remember the tomato sauce).I have made a note in my diary so I know for next time.Thanks for your input everyone.

gerry64, May 19, 6:24am
would love a good saveloy - they are simply awful over here in Oz -