Moulds

camry4, May 14, 11:55am
Can anyone help me with the moulds that you use for the cream horns,I have rung lots of kitchen shops with no luck,I have one mould and need at least 6.TIA.Dianne Auckland.

camry4, May 14, 12:33pm
What a super message,just in time to,many thanks for your reply.I used to buy one on the way to school,and now the local coffee bar r making them,but they r way to dear,so many thanks for your help.Dianne.

olwen, May 14, 12:56pm
About 100 years ago, or maybe it only seems like 100 years ago, our local cake shop used cream horn moulds for their brandy snaps.

retired, May 14, 7:26pm
I have, and use these moulds quite a bit.I was told not to put them in water as they can go rusty.I clean mine carefully with a damp cloth, dry in the oven and then I keep them oiled.I have had mine for years and they are still good.They are Tala and Nutbrown? Brand.

cookessentials, May 14, 7:40pm
You can buy the non stick ones now at around $12 for a pack of six.
Tala still make a number of their vintage items, but have not seen the cream horn moulds.

camry4, May 15, 12:46am
now I can't remember the correct pastry.thanks.Dianne

olwen, May 15, 12:48am
Butter puff pastry I would think :-)

spotswood, May 15, 12:50am
I saw some at Millies Kitchen shop in Ponsonby last week.didn,t look at the price though cos I have some .

pickles7, May 15, 1:52am
A very good puff pastry is required to make these, flaky puff will do, at a pinch. Bought pastry, can be a bit flaky.
We never washed any tins in our bakery, only used a nylon pot mit, and never had to grease pastry tins, once seasoned, they lasted for ever. Cake pans sometimes, got washed. But preferred not to as the "tin glide" we made never let us down.

retired, May 15, 7:26pm
I have, and use these moulds quite a bit.I was told not to put them in water as they can go rusty.I clean mine carefully with a damp cloth, dry in the oven and then I keep them oiled.I have had mine for years and they are still good.They are Tala and Nutbrown! Brand.

camry4, May 16, 12:46am
now I can't remember the correct pastry.thanks.Dianne