Calcium chloride - where to buy??

watertank1, May 13, 3:15am
I am wanting to make a hard cheese (never tried this before) and recipie calls for calcium chloride.... Thanks

valentino, May 13, 4:42am
Google "cottage Crafts nz", no website address allowed.

nzhel, May 13, 4:42am
Not sure - but I saw our local Bin Inn advertising cheese making kits - so maybe they could have it?

anne1955, May 13, 5:56am
I'd ask at the chemist..they carry all sorts of things like that or as the other person said google it but put in NZ on the end should give web address's for it..or at least show you what sort of places to check like a chemist.

diamond-fan, May 13, 11:55am
The only calcium chloride I have had anything to do with, is for use in swimming pools, to increase the hardness of the water. You have to be very careful how you use it, ie. if mixing with water you must add it to water, never ever pour water on to it. It releases a lot of heat when in solution and you don't want to get it on your skin or clothes. Pool shops sell it.

watertank1, May 14, 3:15am
I am wanting to make a hard cheese (never tried this before) and recipie calls for calcium chloride. Thanks

nzhel, May 14, 4:42am
Not sure - but I saw our local Bin Inn advertising cheese making kits - so maybe they could have it!

anne1955, May 14, 5:56am
I'd ask at the chemist.they carry all sorts of things like that or as the other person said google it but put in NZ on the end should give web address's for it.or at least show you what sort of places to check like a chemist.

diamond-fan, May 14, 11:55am
The only calcium chloride I have had anything to do with, is for use in swimming pools, to increase the hardness of the water. You have to be very careful how you use it, ie. if mixing with water you must add it to water, never ever pour water on to it. It releases a lot of heat when in solution and you don't want to get it on your skin or clothes. Pool shops sell it.