Can anybody help

alexzander, May 9, 10:52pm
Hi there i want to make a real nice pasta dish i have the tasts in my mind but i have no idear how to make it can anybody help

i want to make the pasta falvourfull so its not plan

I also want to make the meat ( not sure what to use ) tomatoey spicey and a little sour

any idears how i can do this im looking at makeing this for 2 people

thank you for your help

nzl99, May 9, 11:09pm
OK... so you are after a pasta/meat dish, tomato based that is a little sour and spicy?

I would suggest maybe forget the sour... but make something that packs a bit of punch instead.

Maybe some penne/rigate, cook... mix through some slices of cooked chorizo, some diced sundried tomatoes, a few olives, a good glugg of evoo, seasoned well with S&P, sprinkled with fresh parmesan and a few oregano leaves... then the very slightest drizzle over with some thick balsamic glaze.

Or fettucine... roast tomatoes, red capsicums, a red onion, and a whole bulb of garlic in plenty of evoo until caramelized and broken down... roughly dice up the roasted veges, toss in the fettucine with some feta bits, pine nuts and some cooked mini lamb and mint meatballs.Make sure you scrape all the bits out from the bottom of the roasting dish... will coat the pasta and add heaps of flavour...

cookessentials, May 9, 11:12pm
We have a great "Pasta" thread on here with some really tasty recipes. i shall bump it up for you.

mandi, May 9, 11:13pm
Hi There, I make a pasta sauce using tinned tomatoes, tomato paste bacon, mushroom, capsicum, onion, garlic, basil and parsley and either sour cream or coconut cream.
Saute the chopped up bacon, add onion cook for a minute or so, pop in the tinned tomatoes garlic and herbs, simmer for 10 mins or so add, in the veges and tomato paste.Just before you put your pasta on to boil add the sour cream or coconut cream.Cook pasta up (use the nice fresh fettucine).
Then you can either mix pasta and sauce together and serve or put pasta on plate first and cover with the sauce.
Hope this helps.

carolyn20, May 10, 1:11am
This is one of my fav pasta dishes - don't be put off by the anchovy's if you havn't used them before - they completely melt and add an intense flavour.
For 2 people:Heat pan, add some olive oil and add garlic fry slowly, add 1 handful of pinenuts, handful of raisins and 6 anchovy fillets. Fry 2 mins until anchovies melt.Add 3T tomato puree (or a smaller amount of tomato paste) and a wineglass of wine (I use red or white depending whats open). Simmer 2-3 mins - done, mix this through your cooked spaghetti or fettucini.Sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the top (that are best toasted in the frypan first).

martine5, May 10, 7:00am
I know you, you are the lovely mandy from Oamaru that I bought the office painting from.

mandi, May 10, 8:10pm
Hello Martine - yes you're right!Hope you are still enjoying it. He's an amazing artist.

nzl99, May 10, 11:09pm
OK. so you are after a pasta/meat dish, tomato based that is a little sour and spicy!

I would suggest maybe forget the sour. but make something that packs a bit of punch instead.

Maybe some penne/rigate, cook. mix through some slices of cooked chorizo, some diced sundried tomatoes, a few olives, a good glugg of evoo, seasoned well with S&P, sprinkled with fresh parmesan and a few oregano leaves. then the very slightest drizzle over with some thick balsamic glaze.

Or fettucine. roast tomatoes, red capsicums, a red onion, and a whole bulb of garlic in plenty of evoo until caramelized and broken down. roughly dice up the roasted veges, toss in the fettucine with some feta bits, pine nuts and some cooked mini lamb and mint meatballs.Make sure you scrape all the bits out from the bottom of the roasting dish. will coat the pasta and add heaps of flavour.

carolyn20, May 11, 1:11am
This is one of my fav pasta dishes - don't be put off by the anchovy's if you havn't used them before - they completely melt and add an intense flavour.
For 2 people:Heat pan, add some olive oil and add garlic fry slowly, add 1 handful of pinenuts, handful of raisins and 6 anchovy fillets. Fry 2 mins until anchovies melt.Add 3T tomato puree (or a smaller amount of tomato paste) and a wineglass of wine (I use red or white depending whats open). Simmer 2-3 mins - done, mix this through your cooked spaghetti or fettucini.Sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the top (that are best toasted in the frypan first).

mandi, May 11, 8:10pm
Hello Martine - yes you're right!Hope you are still enjoying it. He's an amazing artist.