On TV 1 this morning

trademequeen, May 8, 10:36pm
I caught part of a clip on TV 1 this morning about getting NZ'ers cooking from scratch.There was a website called 'cook' or something similar where you could put in what you have and it came up with a recipe.I think it was Angela BIrrell talking and making a soup at the time. Did anyone else see it and make a note of website.??

obsidianwings, May 8, 10:52pm
justcook.co.nz

Its probably the same one, it was in the herald. Apparently its a tool called the interactive kitchen, available on that website, and on facebook.

trademequeen, May 8, 10:59pm
Thanks so much for the fast reply.That is the one.:)

lythande1, May 9, 4:24am
And it doesn't work. I chose a can of beans, an onion and a jar of jam and it gave me recipes for Pumpkin and Parsnip soup, Mince Pasta Bake and Nachos.

sampa, May 9, 4:31am
Disappointing!I've tried to use several sites like that and they always seem to give ridiculous ideas regarding what to cook from what you have.There are times that I just want to make the most of what I have on hand so if anyone knows a truly good website that provides info for this I'd love to know!

charlieb2, May 9, 4:34am
I just had a wee play and it does work (fairly basic stuff, but it does work)

I mean realistically lythande, what would YOU make with a tin of beans,an onion AND a jar of jam?

lythande1, May 9, 6:49am
Refried beans? Soup? I know the jam was being a smartass but I did expect it to either ignore the jam and use the other ingredients or say nothing found.
It is lame, tried it with sensible stuff too and it seems to give pretty much the same results.

terachaos, May 9, 8:45am
goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes. Downside is the recipes are seasonal and they are, of course enjoying spring right now.

trademequeen, May 9, 9:22am
That one looks great :)