Farewell toast and spreads ..

dabo, May 8, 6:25am
Ok I've slipped into lazy (and yummy) breakfast habits of 2 pieces vogels, butter and lime marmalade :-( Now the scales say STOP ! I'd love some suggestions for quick and healthy breakfasts ... What do you have for brekkie?

pom-pom, May 8, 6:31am
Make porridge half and half water/milk (or soy milk) Sweeten by mashing a banana into it. I make it in a large bowl in the microwave so the washing up is easier!

nfh1, May 8, 6:33am
Yes another porridge person here - I chop an apple in - really filling.

mchatchell, May 8, 8:16am
I make it with skimmilk and a sprinkle of cinnamon and a small handful of raisins. It doesn't need any sugar because of the sweetness of the raisins.

lilyfield, May 8, 8:28am
I make mine water only witha few of sultanas andartificial sweetener, dusting of cinnamon on top

duckmoon, May 8, 9:18am
I thought some one was leaving - and you had to make a speech!!!

Opps

duckmoon, May 8, 9:18am
wholegrain toast and a poached egg

skye7, May 8, 9:57am
That sounds like a great breakfast, perhaps look at your other food intake before you you decide this has to go.

lindylambchops1, May 8, 10:19am
Love porridge in the winter months.Another winter breakfast we all enjoy in this family is dried fruit (microwaved or slow cooker).Dried prunes, dates, sultanas, apricots...whatever you chose.I also core & slice fresh apples.Cook overnight in slow cooker.Enjoy!

btw....no need to add any sugar.

carolyn20, May 8, 8:37pm
I tried to give up my 2 slices of vogels with delicious Pics peanut butter for breakfast in the morning but couldn't so instead I don't have bread at lunch time - instead I'll have cereal and yogurt, or a can of tuna with cubed up tomato & cucumber or if I'm eating out I'll have sushi.

margyr, May 8, 8:57pm
I agree.

korbo, May 8, 9:01pm
2 slices for breakfast is OK....if that is all you are having.

pickles7, May 8, 9:07pm
Toast and avocado, here, maybe a cooked tomato if I have one needing to be used. I am shrinking and put this down to avocado, it is the addition to my breakfast foods.