What I can with with Creme Fraiche

nan99, May 6, 8:04pm
Good Morning everyone, would anyone have any ideas of what I can mix with Creme Fraiche so that I could then put that mixture into some pastry cases as a dessert?Thank you in advance.

lythande1, May 6, 8:19pm
It's just thickened cream. Anything you'd normally do.
How about mushrooms with cream sauce, bit of crumbled bacon.

winnie231, May 6, 8:23pm
Mix the creme fraiche with defrosted berries & sugar to taste and spoon this into precooked pastry shells. Simple but delicious.

nan99, May 6, 8:27pm
Thank you - defrosted berries and sugar sounds nice.I think I will do that.Good suggestion re mushrooms with cream sauce as well and I keep that in mind for next weekend.Thanks everyone.Much appreciated.Have a nice weekend.

pom-pom, May 7, 4:25am
thicken it with icing sugar not caster then add fruit!

evebee, May 7, 4:29am
mix a packet of creme fraiche with 1/3 cup of lemon curd,grated lemon rind and lemon juice to taste. put in shortcrustcases , top with a little whipped cream and a small piece of tinned peaches.absolutely beautiful and very quick to put together for a plate to take out.Keep the spare mixture covered in the fridge.i always keep a packet of shells in the cupboard. Good to quickly put to gether if someone arrives . It is also lovely in the tiny cases. Enjoy

djpablonz, May 7, 4:38am
You could add Passionfruit pulp to the lemon curd mix - we do this at Christmas and use Brandy Snap bowls topped with fruit - Divine!

rosathemad, May 7, 6:37am
Blueberries in particular go wonderfully - a little lemon zest in with the berries helps too. :-)