Does anyone have one of these

cookessentials, Apr 26, 1:51am
I used to have an "easy Cook" which is basically the same. i found it wonderful, however, i did not use it very much and gave it to Mum. She frequently uses it and finds it great.

jessie981, Apr 26, 2:28am
I had one & it's good for cooking roast pork. Gives you the crackling. I really only used it for chicken & pork. worth the purchase if you cook a lot of roasts

sampa, Apr 26, 3:01am
I have the Sunbeam Nutrioven which is similar but is convection type cooking only.My reason for purchasing (apart from being a kitchen gadget addict of course ;) is that there are only three of us and our (grown) son is a simple eating, carb loving vegetarian.Turning the normal kitchen oven on to produce a roast or similar for just two of us seems like a waste of resources and money so this is a good alternative for us.

I do like it, I have used a few times with one notable disaster so far - my favourite lemon and yoghurt cake (I have to admit to being in a rush so possibly a lot of the fault was mine... recycled into a perfectly nice lemon pudding though so all good!).I'll list a few minor drawbacks that you might want to keep in mind: bench and storage space, do you have enough?Do you have the right size and shape cooking trays etc (consider things like muffin trays, roasting trays and whether your old favourites dishes that you use all the time are going to fit).And, this is my personal biggest drawback... in mine the heat source is coming from the lid (makes cleaning the bowl part easy but) when you're ready to get food out the whole lid has to removed and placed onto a special rack thing which is awkward when you're dealing with something which is hot and trying to keep the electric cord out of the way at the same time.Not a huge drawback but something to be aware of before committing to purchasing.

I have to add that there is something fascinating about watching food cook in a clear plastic 'bowl' so the drawbacks in design might be made up for in the possible 'entertainment' factor lol!

sampa, Apr 26, 11:05am
OMG, I just reread this, I'm hopeless... I said a "plastic bowl" LOL, umm, yeah.Meant a glass bowl of course.

Major meltdown otherwise!

nauru, Apr 26, 1:22pm
I wouldn't be without mine and use it all the time. We are only two so it is much more convenient and cheaper than using my big oven which Irarely use these days.I cook everything in it, bake, grill, roast etc. Hubby cut down my muffin trays to sets of four, I also had other cake pans, dishes and trays which fit so didn't have to buy anything special for it. As for using the lid rack, I don't, I find it better to remove the lid altogether and place on a cake rack (just my preference) as you are apt to catch your arm on the hot lid when removing food if it is in the lid rack.

aktow, Apr 26, 1:46pm
yes, we use ours most nights..we only use our oven now for baking,i have had a few over the years. ihad one that the knobs broke, one stopped working but it was old..my father first bought one the first time they came out.i only bought the cheap models that do not haveinfrared waves like the model showing.. i have used a friends FlavorWave Oven Turbo and i did not notice it being quicker than my cheap model.. ibought two easy Cook in feb for presents for $49 each from countdown,, there were on special

micky_1, Apr 26, 4:53pm
I have one as does mother, she uses hers all the time been only her and dad shes not used her oven since buying it

norse_westie, Apr 26, 8:33pm
I used to have one and it was awesome, especially with a large family. I could do part of the meal in the oven and part in the "turbo oven" as partner calls it. My mother lives on her own and pretty much cooks everything in hers.

nzl99, Apr 26, 8:42pm
No... might be handy if you were cooking for one or two though?

Saw a lot of them for sale at the markets on Sun morning...

micky_1, Apr 27, 12:22am
I have a big family and usually do the meat in the oven and veges in the turbo oven

niffer13, May 29, 10:25pm
Has any one cooked a sucessful cake in one of these ovens?

niffer13, May 30, 10:25pm
Has any one cooked a sucessful cake in one of these ovens!

jessie981, Apr 26, 2:28am
I had one & it's good for cooking roast pork. Gives you the crackling. I really only used it for chicken & pork. worth the purchase if you cook a lot of roasts.
Seem expensive. I sold mine for $75

sampa, Apr 26, 3:01am
I have the Sunbeam Nutrioven which is similar but is convection type cooking only.My reason for purchasing (apart from being a kitchen gadget addict of course ;) is that there are only three of us and our (grown) son is a simple eating, carb loving vegetarian.Turning the normal kitchen oven on to produce a roast or similar for just two of us seems like a waste of resources and money so this is a good alternative for us.

I do like it, I have used a few times with one notable disaster so far - my favourite lemon and yoghurt cake (I have to admit to being in a rush so possibly a lot of the fault was mine. recycled into a perfectly nice lemon pudding though so all good!).I'll list a few minor drawbacks that you might want to keep in mind: bench and storage space, do you have enough!Do you have the right size and shape cooking trays etc (consider things like muffin trays, roasting trays and whether your old favourites dishes that you use all the time are going to fit).And, this is my personal biggest drawback. in mine the heat source is coming from the lid (makes cleaning the bowl part easy but) when you're ready to get food out the whole lid has to removed and placed onto a special rack thing which is awkward when you're dealing with something which is hot and trying to keep the electric cord out of the way at the same time.Not a huge drawback but something to be aware of before committing to purchasing.

I have to add that there is something fascinating about watching food cook in a clear plastic 'bowl' so the drawbacks in design might be made up for in the possible 'entertainment' factor lol!

sampa, Apr 26, 11:05am
OMG, I just reread this, I'm hopeless. I said a "plastic bowl" LOL, umm, yeah.Meant a glass bowl of course.

Major meltdown otherwise!

nauru, Apr 26, 1:22pm
I wouldn't be without mine and use it all the time. We are only two so it is much more convenient and cheaper than using my big oven which Irarely use these days.I cook everything in it, bake, grill, roast etc. Hubby cut down my muffin trays to sets of four, I also had other cake pans, dishes and trays which fit so didn't have to buy anything special for it. As for using the lid rack, I don't, I find it better to remove the lid altogether and place on a cake rack (just my preference) as you are apt to catch your arm on the hot lid when removing food if it is in the lid rack.

aktow, Apr 26, 1:46pm
yes, we use ours most nights.we only use our oven now for baking,i have had a few over the years. ihad one that the knobs broke, one stopped working but it was old.my father first bought one the first time they came out.i only bought the cheap models that do not haveinfrared waves like the model showing. i have used a friends FlavorWave Oven Turbo and i did not notice it being quicker than my cheap model. ibought two easy Cook in feb for presents for $49 each from countdown,, there were on special

nzl99, Apr 26, 8:42pm
No. might be handy if you were cooking for one or two though!

Saw a lot of them for sale at the markets on Sun morning.