Juicer. What do I do with the pulp?

whitewolf001, Apr 24, 12:16am
I just got a juicer and it seems so wasteful to throw the pulp out.I did throw out the first lot as I had used whole apples in it so I couldn't use the pulp due to pips.

But can you put the pulp in stews or cakes?or will it make it too dry?

Shame I don't have chooks, it'll be perfect.

whakahihi, Apr 24, 12:20am
I use it in muffins, cakes and loaves.I made carrot juice the other day and used the pulp with a bit of the juice so it wasn't so dry and made the most delish carrot and walnut muffins.

uli, Apr 24, 12:25am
Depends what you juice really ...
If it is a mix of carrots, parsley and silverbeet for example you can make soup stock out of it.
If it is peeled, cored apples only - then you could use it in cakes maybe.

I have just juiced about a ton of apples, grapes, feijoas and pears over the last month or so - and fed the remainder to my pigs :)

whitewolf001, Apr 24, 12:34am
I didn't think of stock, what a great idea, I make that all the time especially now it's soup season.

And yum carrot and walnut muffin.so I'll just add a bit of juice, well that's easy enough.

Thank you

whitewolf001, Apr 25, 12:16am
I just got a juicer and it seems so wasteful to throw the pulp out.I did throw out the first lot as I had used whole apples in it so I couldn't use the pulp due to pips.

But can you put the pulp in stews or cakes!or will it make it too dry!

Shame I don't have chooks, it'll be perfect.

whakahihi, Apr 25, 12:20am
I use it in muffins, cakes and loaves.I made carrot juice the other day and used the pulp with a bit of the juice so it wasn't so dry and made the most delish carrot and walnut muffins.

uli, Apr 25, 12:25am
Depends what you juice really .
If it is a mix of carrots, parsley and silverbeet for example you can make soup stock out of it.
If it is peeled, cored apples only - then you could use it in cakes maybe.

I have just juiced about a ton of apples, grapes, feijoas and pears over the last month or so - and fed the remainder to my pigs :)

whitewolf001, Apr 25, 12:34am
I didn't think of stock, what a great idea, I make that all the time especially now it's soup season.

And yum carrot and walnut muffin.so I'll just add a bit of juice, well that's easy enough.

Thank you