What are the copyright rules about ...

lisaaa, Apr 23, 6:59am
if I was to start making birthday cakes & charge for them..would I not be able to do characteres like Dora, Shrek etc

pickles7, Apr 23, 7:20am
I live in xxxxx. I'm feeling good that I managed to track down xxxxxx xxxxx who tried to get away with not supplying my purchase.
quoted..

You will understand then..
Someone owns the copyright of those, images. you cannot sell what dose not belong to you.

lisaaa, Apr 23, 8:06am
I was asking advice so that I wouldn't be breaking any rules, wanting to find out how to go about it correctly.

No similarity at all.

pickles7, Apr 23, 8:50am
Thought you must have paid up front, then ? would have been yours. lol. gets complicated.
Copyright, comes into play if you are seen to be making lots of money, using an image that belongs to someone else.I would doubt if you would get into any trouble selling a few cakes, that look a bit like Shrek.

lisaaa, Apr 24, 6:59am
if I was to start making birthday cakes & charge for them.would I not be able to do characteres like Dora, Shrek etc

pickles7, Apr 24, 7:20am
I live in xxxxx. I'm feeling good that I managed to track down xxxxxx xxxxx who tried to get away with not supplying my purchase.
quoted.

You will understand then.
Someone owns the copyright of those, images. you cannot sell what dose not belong to you.

lisaaa, Apr 24, 8:06am
I was asking advice so that I wouldn't be breaking any rules, wanting to find out how to go about it correctly.

No similarity at all.They did belong to her.

pickles7, Apr 24, 8:50am
Thought you must have paid up front, then ! would have been yours. lol. gets complicated.
Copyright, comes into play if you are seen to be making lots of money, using an image that belongs to someone else.I would doubt if you would get into any trouble selling a few cakes, that look a bit like Shrek.