Mmmmmm......

korbo, Apr 22, 9:03am
who feels like dessert now after watching the cooks on t.v.
nice to see how to make some easy peasy fancy desserts.
going to try the strawberry one, but as strawberrys are not around. what would peeps suggest. I thought, passionfruit glaze would be nice too.

nfh1, Apr 22, 9:09am
They all looked lovely, and I am not a fan of deserts.

elliehen, Apr 22, 9:12am
Any upside-down pudding will do - pears & ginger anyone?

I make Mille Feuilles using filo pastry and mixing whipped cream into yoghurt.It's every bit as good as the one Ray McVinnie did, without all the fat ;)

korbo, Apr 22, 9:14am
what fruit did you put in

elliehen, Apr 22, 9:19am
I use berries - boysenberries or raspberries, and I don't mind if they collapse a little because they're softer, as I make individual Mille Feuilles and don't have to slice them.

elliehen, Apr 22, 9:28am
MILLE FEUILLES

For one serving:
1 sheet filo pastry
1 tsp butter

Filling:
1/2 cup natural, unsweetened yoghurt
3 Tbsp whipped cream
3/4 cup raspberries
1 tsp raspberry jam
1 tsp icing sugar

Preheat oven to 210*C
Melt butter and brush sheet of filo.Fold in half and cut into three pieces lengthways. (Fold cut edge in about 1 cm to make it stronger)
Place filo pieces on baking paper and bake for about 3 minutes till lightly golden. WATCH them!They burn very quickly.
Mix together yoghurt, cream, raspberries and jam
Layer - filo, filling, filo, filling, filo - dust top layer with icing sugar

This is big and impressive and is delicious - without all the fat of the butter pastry and excessive amount of cream.

Source: Carolyn Gibson 'Kiwi Kiss' cookbooks

martine5, Apr 23, 5:48am
Whata great idea, I never thought of using filo and whipped cream mixed with yoghurt is yum.Cheers I just hope I remember next time I need a dessert.

fifie, Apr 23, 5:58am
Mmmm elliehen like the sound of yoghurt with cream filling will be making it.i use sliced kiwi fruit as another option, when fresh strawberries are not available.

elliehen, Apr 23, 9:12am
Any upside-down pudding will do - pears & ginger anyone!

I make Mille Feuilles using filo pastry and mixing whipped cream into yoghurt.It's every bit as good as the one Ray McVinnie did, without all the fat ;)

elliehen, Apr 23, 9:19am
I use berries - boysenberries or raspberries, and I don't mind if they collapse a little because they're softer, as I make individual Mille Feuilles and don't have to slice them.

elliehen, Apr 23, 9:28am
MILLE FEUILLES

For one serving:
1 sheet filo pastry
1 tsp butter

Filling:
1/2 cup natural, unsweetened yoghurt
3 Tbsp whipped cream
3/4 cup raspberries
1 tsp raspberry jam
1 tsp icing sugar

Preheat oven to 210*C
Melt butter and brush sheet of filo.Fold in half and cut into three pieces lengthways. (Fold cut edge in about 1 cm to make it stronger)
Place filo pieces on baking paper and bake for about 3 minutes till lightly golden. WATCH them!They burn very quickly.
Mix together yoghurt, cream, raspberries and jam
Layer - filo, filling, filo, filling, filo - dust top layer with icing sugar

This is big and impressive and is delicious - without all the fat of the butter pastry and excessive amount of cream.

Source: Carolyn Gibson 'Kiwi Kiss' cookbooks