HELP ! Supermarkets are closed only got...

bevharris1938, Apr 22, 3:31am
Mince and chicken thighs in the freezer for tea , whats something good to cook with these ?

esther-anne, Apr 22, 3:54am
If you have spuds and other veges you could make a shepherd's pie with the mince or a casserole with the chicken thighs.Tin of tomatoes always handy - maybe you have that = few spices with the chicken and slow cook them.

My imagination won't stretch further than that just now I'm afraid lol!!I imagine you just must have some onions and potatoes at least and maybe frozen veges if no fresh!

Who's a silly billy then, forgetting it was Good Friday.Incidentally our local dairy which is owned by Indians has been open all day - maybe you have similar in close proximity>

karenz, Apr 22, 4:25am
Without knowing what else you have on hand it is a bit hard, with basic root veges you could do a roast with the chicken thighs, if you have a tin of tomatoes and some onions and garlic (even dried or powdered) you can do a chicken cacciatore (ideally it would also have mushrooms and olives but you could leave them out) and serve over pasta.With mince you can do anything from a bolognaise (again depending on whether you have tomatoes) to a shepherds pie to an adapted lasagna, cooking up the meat with onions, garlic, tomato paste or worcester sauce and using thinly sliced potatoes instead of the pasta, grate a bit of cheese over the last potato layer if you have that.Good luck.

herself, Apr 22, 4:51am
What else have you got in the fridge and cupboards??? Frozen veg? Rice? Bread? Onions? Pasta? Sauces? Spices? If so any of these together with your mince or chicken will make a nice dinner.

bevharris1938, Apr 23, 3:31am
Mince and chicken thighs in the freezer for tea , whats something good to cook with these !

esther-anne, Apr 23, 3:54am
If you have spuds and other veges you could make a shepherd's pie with the mince or a casserole with the chicken thighs.Tin of tomatoes always handy - maybe you have that = few spices with the chicken and slow cook them.

My imagination won't stretch further than that just now I'm afraid lol!I imagine you just must have some onions and potatoes at least and maybe frozen veges if no fresh!

Who's a silly billy then, forgetting it was Good Friday.Incidentally our local dairy which is owned by Indians has been open all day - maybe you have similar in close proximity>

herself, Apr 23, 4:51am
What else have you got in the fridge and cupboards! Frozen veg! Rice! Bread! Onions! Pasta! Sauces! Spices! If so any of these together with your mince or chicken will make a nice dinner.

esther-anne, Apr 23, 10:18am
C'mon back bev-curious to know what you came up with!!

lythande1, Apr 23, 8:07pm
What??!! She has two different meats and the supermarkets closed for one day.
Even without meat, no-one will starve.

And theres so many recipes for mince and chicken I'm not even going to list one. Google.

esther-anne, Apr 24, 10:18am
C'mon back bev-curious to know what you came up with!

lythande1, Apr 24, 8:07pm
What!! She has two different meats and the supermarkets closed for one day.
Even without meat, no-one will starve.

And theres so many recipes for mince and chicken I'm not even going to list one. Google.