Is that Frend carpet stain remover any good?

mme, Apr 21, 11:45am
It comes in a pink-red spray bottle like Mr Muscle etc

nfh1, Apr 21, 11:51am
It did not work for me but I am using OzKleen Carpet Cleaner, which I have found works really well.Perhaps it depends on the stain???

kernal1, Apr 23, 6:32am
White vinegar & water 1/2 & 1/2 in spray bottle will work just as well and cheaper!

kiwibubbles, Apr 23, 6:43am
ye4p i second that white vinegar one.. if you have woollen carpet you can also add some wool detergent to the vinegar and water mixture. I use it to get stains out of duvets too when the cat has vomitted - works like magic!

nfh1, Apr 23, 7:14am
Thanks - I never thought of the vinegar and water on the carpet - sounds a little scary though!

kay141, Apr 23, 7:24am
Scarier than a can full of chemicals?

jen211, Apr 23, 7:34am
Yes I used it a few weeks ago, it was great, Stains came out of carpet no problem at all.

mme, Apr 27, 10:10am
Thanks all!

I bought it last week at Fresh Choice - it was on special for under $8

nfh1, Apr 27, 10:13am
No - the thought of spraying vinegar on the carpet!

kinna54, Apr 27, 10:41pm
depends upon the stains. for just a general all over freshen up its ok, for any bad stains try this: bit of dishwash detergent in hot water, dab on, blot, dab blot continue as you should be seeing the stain blot up.keep blotting, as you don't want it too wet.Do not rub just blot. After it starts to look clean you can re blot using a little clear water to rinse any soap.I have a blot cloth chamois thing.. brilliant . leaves the carpet nearly dry