What can I do with Guavas

c_h_l, Apr 19, 8:12am
I have 3 HUGE trees of them and cant keep up, we have jam & jelly, given heaps away and still hasnt even made a dent in them.

Ideas pls?

jessie981, Apr 19, 8:55am
Pop into the lefthand message board & key in Guavas under keyword, then under date posted use drop box to put anytime. Recipes there.

510, Apr 19, 9:08am
Where? I have tried that for my Guava request & it didn'tshow anything instaed of jelly. maybe I can't see for looking but the ones I saw weronly for jam & jellya .

patsy3, Apr 19, 9:18am
My MIL, made a stewed dish with guava's with a sponge top. Sounded nice.

jessie981, Apr 19, 9:32am
go into Google, recipes here forchutney etc

510, Apr 19, 9:36am
Sorry I wasn't after chutney, the recipes I found were for the south african Guava which is quite digfferent.I usually google and look up on the trademe site first. sorry I get a bit irked when i have already done that & then put a request on TM But thanks for your suggestion. Sorry c_h_l for butting in onyour thread

jenner4, Apr 19, 10:04am
Guava jelly , just love it , use it as a jam or on icecream or with roast pork or on a cracker with cheese, yum yum , can I come to your house and just eat them from the tree

jenner4, Apr 19, 10:04am
Put them on here for sale

jenner4, Apr 20, 7:27am
And they freeze well

c_h_l, Apr 20, 8:12am
I have 3 HUGE trees of them and cant keep up, we have jam & jelly, given heaps away and still hasnt even made a dent in them.

Ideas pls!

510, Apr 20, 9:08am
Where! I have tried that for my Guava request & it didn'tshow anything instead of jelly. maybe I can't see for looking but the ones I saw were only for jam & jelly .

patsy3, Apr 20, 9:18am
My MIL, made a stewed dish with guava's with a sponge top. Sounded nice.

510, Apr 20, 9:36am
Sorry I wasn't after chutney, the recipes I found were for the south african Guava which is quite digfferent.I usually google and look up on the trademe site first. sorry I get a bit irked when i have already done that & then put a request on TM But thanks for your suggestion. Sorry c_h_l for butting in onyour thread

janny3, Apr 25, 2:44pm
Stew the guavas & bottle them.Excellent to have with icecream.I used my last jar in apple & guava crumble.The bits around the edge of the baking dish go all chewy & caramelised.Wonderful.Wish I had more.

zena1, Apr 26, 7:48am
put them in a trifle, mum did for years canned guavas, at least we dont have to worry about what to do with them now....coz we are totally put off them

zena1, Apr 27, 7:48am
put them in a trifle, mum did for years canned guavas, at least we dont have to worry about what to do with them now.coz we are totally put off them