How do you strech a 100% woollen Jersey

snowie10, Apr 16, 4:58am
I have a hand knitted woollen jersey/Jumper the condition is great but it isto tight for me any idea on how to stretch it? I realise it's the wrong board but at least people here have a few more clues on this type of problem

nfh1, Apr 16, 5:08am
LOL - I have no idea but I am really good at shrinking them!

mumstu, Apr 16, 5:25am
I shrunk one when I was a teenager and my Grandmother did this to it and it helped a lot. It sounds crazy but full the tub with really hot water, then put item in, take out straight away leaving as wet as possible and hang on a coat hanger over the bath or on the line. It stretched my jumper enough so i could wear it again.

rainrain1, Apr 16, 5:25am
Probably if you wet and lay out, stretch and pin and leave to dry, it might just work

jenner4, Apr 16, 5:28am
because I am so good at shrinking I learntthis trick
in a large bucket or the Landry tub mix 1 box/ bag of epsons salt in as hot a water as the garment will handle , place jumper [ or what ever ] in and move it around a lot and start to pull it back in place , getting out as much water as you can pull into place again ,{[ use the washing machine top to lay it on ]} keep doing this over and over till you are happy , can take some time