Strandon Home Cookery

sleyle, Apr 16, 1:05am
Has anyone bought a birthday cake from here?I got them to make a zebra cake for my daughter and OMG it was dry as and the butter or oil icing they used was not black and white and tasted disgusting.I am not happy but the birds are now.

charlieb2, Apr 16, 1:42am
Did you let them know you were unhappy?

sleyle, Apr 16, 6:43am
Not yet, I don't feel I have that in me.Just wondered if anyone else had had an experience with them.

charlieb2, Apr 16, 6:55am
Do let them know, even if you email them.... They wont have the opportunity to up their game if you dont let them know you were unhappy.

sleyle, Apr 16, 10:21am
Dont' think they have an email addy, that's how outdated they are - just like their crappy cakes!

dezzie, Apr 16, 11:09pm
So..you do have it in you to come to a public forum and slag them off, but don't have it in you to actually do it over the phone or face to face...
I think you need to modify your grump to include the location of the said business as well, because there is a strandon home cookery bakery in New Plymouth that is very highly regarded, thats actually the only reason I looked at the thread, thinking it was about them.

sleyle, Apr 17, 9:32am
Yes it is the one in NP.I have lost $75 for a very poor cake and I just wanted to know if anyone else had got a cake from them.

kaddiew, Apr 17, 8:07pm
I haven't bought a large cake from this bakery but lived very close to it and regularly bought their small cakes and slices etc, which were all delicious -especially the carrot cake. The owner/baker would be horrified to learn she'd been slagged off on a public forum before being given a chance to take a look at your cake and "put it right", if it failed to live up to her usual high standards.

Why didn't you take the remainder of it back to the store and ask for a refund?

sleyle, Apr 18, 3:11am
Because I was so peed off that I threw it to the birds, at least they liked it.So I had nothing to take back to them, apart from their board which they put on the bottom to return, but really all I have is a $75 board now.

nzl99, Apr 18, 3:17am
Do tell them sleyle... that is the only way they can improve or rectify their error and offer you some sort of compensation.It is such a shame you didn't keep the cake and take it back to them, I can understand your frustration at spending $75 and not getting what you feel like you should have though.

But DO tell them, they will be so embarassed I'm sure... and would like to know that you weren't satisfied with what they produced for you.

nzl99, Apr 18, 3:20am
If you can't do it face to face, then here is a link to them on FaceBook... email them. http://www.facebook.com/people/Strandon-Home-Cookery-Petersen/100001536345533

sleyle, Apr 18, 4:32am
I am not a member of facebook, so can't do it on there.Can some give me their email addy?Or I can write a letter to them snail mail as a good friend has suggested.Thanks for all your comments.

spoeklet, Apr 18, 6:30am
Wow, their cakes look really amazing!! Hopefully, it was a one off, but I agree that you should at least let them know if you are going to put it all over a messageboard.

vintagekitty, Apr 18, 6:47am
Why cant people communicate anymore, how difficult is it to pick up the phone or call in and discuss your disappointment rather than slagging them off on a public forum or on facebook/ or by email.

spoeklet, Apr 18, 6:53am
Since the onset of text messaging we are building a generation of people who can't talk one-to-one, it's a shame

sleyle, Apr 18, 7:59am
Personal reasons ok miss kitty?