Sniping and nasty threads

punkinthefirst, Apr 15, 7:58am
As an ex chef, I know that there are many more ways than one to reach a food objective, and I'm always interested to read new ways of doing things. Chefs are really good at sharing recipes and techniques - there is often great stress, but seldom bitchiness in the professional kitchen.
There are a few folks in this section of the message boards who are making nasty, sniping comments all the time at each other, and I, for one, am sick of reading them. You know who you are - could you please get each other's email addresses and take it off the message board.
There is always room for debate, but personal attack has no place here.

punkinthefirst, Apr 15, 8:47pm
Good grief! I see what you mean!
I just pop in for ideas - I figure that if someone has a favourite recipe they are willing to share it must have been tried and tested. Given that everyone has a different palate, I don't expect recipes to be perfect for MY palate first time up -sometimes they need a tweak. But isn't that what cooking is all about?
Surely, it isn't about people getting their self-esteem by belittling others!

nfh1, Apr 15, 9:07pm
Or is it?

I usually think the bullies are the ones who are meek and mild in 'real' life' and so this is the only chance they get to be horrible - much easier to be mean from behind the computer screen.Sad really.