Cod Fillets

goldilocks77, Apr 13, 3:58am
Hi all,I dont normally cook fish but have been given some cod fillets, what would be the easiest way to cook them which my kids would eat. TIA

buzzy110, Apr 13, 4:06am
Slice them from side to side to make 'fish fingers' or tidbits. Dip in flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Pan fry in a medium hot pan with oil. Serve with whatever else it is your kids will eat. Mine loved Chinese style stir fry vegetables at this time of the year and a proper garden salad in the summer. You could cook some rice and make a thick sweet and sour sauce or lemon sauce. Serve the fish on the rice and pour over the sauce!

I wouldn't do the rice and sauce thing but I don't know what your children eat.

kay141, Apr 13, 4:10am
Are they red or blue cod? Blue cod is delicious crumbed and fried. or battered if preferred. Red cod needs a bit more seasoning, so I suggest plenty of salt and pepper in the flour and herbs or finely grated parmesan in the crumbs.

ant_sonja, Apr 13, 4:12am
Easiest would be to simply pan fry the fillets in seasoned butter - sprinkle with fresh basil or any other herb you & the kids like - serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the fish, a side of rice and salad? Of course you can crumb the fillets also & fry or bake until golden or make a fish pie? Depends on what you & your kids like.