Qunices

harrislucinda, Apr 10, 4:30am
justmadesomepasteoutofthemnicerthan ithought

cameo36, Apr 10, 4:33am
I was given 2 quinces yesterday, what can I do with 2 I thought, would I be able to use them with you recipe. I do like quince jelly but don't have enough.

nanasee1, Apr 10, 4:45am
I made quince paste today and decided to try the microwave rather than all the splattering that ususally goes with making it. The finished result is great, possibly the best I have ever made. Depending on the size two quince would make a recipe of paste unless they are realy small

tehenga288, Apr 10, 8:39am
Sounds great nanasee1- could you post the m/wave method please?

cameo36, Apr 10, 11:17am
If you could post the recipe that would be great nanasee1 the quinces are not too small but unfortunately they are starting to turn brown at the end of the fruit so I need to do something soon. Excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of quince paste what do you use the finished product with. TIA!!

olwen, Apr 10, 11:41am
On a cheeseboard, or a platter with cold meat is nice

245sam, Apr 10, 12:08pm

nanasee1, Apr 10, 7:09pm
I had 1.5 kg of quince, six small ones. I quartered them and added 1/2 c water & juice of two lemons & cooked them on high until softened. I then removed the cores & skin, much easier to do when they have softened. I put the remaining pulp into my blender then through a sieve. I measured 1 cup of sugar to one cup of pulp. I found 800ml of the mix cooked well in my 2 litre jug, about 20 minutes on high stirring regularly. It turns to a lovely ruby colour & set really quickly without additional drying in the oven. Best of all no splatters on the walls or me!

harrislucinda, Apr 10, 8:23pm
ibakedminein theoveninsteadofcookinginwater
thencutoff fleshandputthru amoulithenaddlemonrindofalemonputinapanwith1cupsugarto acupofpulplemonjiucethenboilslow aswill catchon thebottomofpanit saidfor1hrbutididnt
coolandputinjarsHaditonyogurt , andtoastto daylovely

cameo36, Apr 10, 11:25pm
Thank you so much for the recipes I think I will try the microwave one. I am also in the middle of doing buckets of apples from my daughters farm needless to say it is going to be a busy day. Cheers!!

nanasee1, Apr 12, 8:31am
Hi Cameo - how did your quince paste go?