What do you like to eat now that it's Autumn?

Page 1 / 2
winnie231, Apr 8, 7:53am
I'm enjoying making thick vege soups/stews & changing them up with different spices .... a nutritious & comforting trip around the world.
What's on your menu?

kinna54, Apr 8, 7:58am
At the moment anything! Appetite has increased alarmingly with the cooler weather.Tonight we had a lovely risotto, very yummy and so filling.....
and then I was a pig and had the remains of some hot chocolate pudding, with of all things lime icecream. (No not pregnant!!)Sinful!!
no doubt i will suffer for it.

nfh1, Apr 8, 8:20am
Definitely a comfort eating time of year.We have just had roast beef, new potatoes, brocolli and carrots - hardly low calorie!But very good.Had soup for lunch, from a can though not home made.

winnie15, Apr 8, 10:21am
haha me too! left over self saucing pudding with lime ice cream (not preggers either)

kinna54, Apr 8, 10:36am
and you wouldn't believe this: hubby just went to go to the microwave to reheat his coffee and said; why is there some butter in a bowl in the microwave; I had made the pudding and forgotten to put the butter in! Was still a damn good pudding!

owl32, Apr 8, 10:54am
def soup and cheese rolls.
Fejioas :)
New season apples

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 8, 11:30am
we had rissotto too, it was supposed to be salmon lemon and pea but didnt have salmon so added crayfish instead..it was delish, then we had Icecream for desert because I couldnt be bothered making anything.

cookessentials, Apr 8, 8:16pm
Risotto with fresh field mushrooms and blue cheese
Ham hock and vegetable soup
thick casseroles
beef bourguignon ( one of my favourites)

kiwifidget, Apr 8, 8:20pm
have ditched the salad for veges with cheese sauce.

winnie231, Apr 8, 10:52pm
Mmmm - risotto ... I'm going to have to make one this week thanks to you lot!
I'll think I'll do a ham & peas one.

elliehen, Apr 9, 2:28am
Anything with pumpkin - a roast vegetable salad with feta will be near the top of the list.

guinevere2, Apr 9, 2:39am
yup here too!I just had a yummy pesto roll filled with pumpkin,cottage cheese and baby spinich and garlic salt mashed up together and sliced tomato...nom nom nom.

flint18, Apr 9, 2:53am
Boil ups with fry bread...lolAnd wash it down with a crate lol

Kia ora Im leah panapa and thats healthy living lol

beaker59, Apr 9, 7:08am
Still a bit summery up here though the occasional day hints at things to come still got the terrace french doors wide open and sitting here in Tshirt and shorts though a little Autumny earlier in the week meant the soup pot came out :)

dpeni, Apr 9, 7:10am
Plenty of soup,gotta be loving the slow cooker now

dpeni, Apr 9, 7:10am
hahahaha

hazedaze, Apr 9, 7:14am
Accidental low fat pudding.Got to be better for you. :-)

kimmac, Apr 9, 7:24am
smoked fish pie, devilled sausages and mash, will start doing soups soon (pea and ham, pumpkin and leek and potato are my favs) and spaghetti bolognaise

winnie15, Apr 9, 7:34am
i'm going to do a mushroom risotto this week too ...

elliehen, Apr 9, 7:49am
Just served up a hearty MInestrone soup with the fresh veg additions of Blue Lake green beans and New Zealand Spinach.

darlingmole, Apr 9, 8:12am
what a crack up!!!
My hubby is apparently more tangata whenua than me but can't stand kumara, puha, dough boys etc ...thanks for the laugh :-D

dollertree, Apr 9, 8:37am
omg.....My clothes are very much tight in Autumn till spring (because we get hungry every minute and it makes us eat) result :-( . Thinking what not to eat.

flint18, Apr 9, 10:45pm
Yeah we got kids like that lol 1 dont like potatoes, 1 dont like kumara and the other 1 dont like pork bones lol

Its my favourite meal, but in reallity its not the heathiest and it has limited time in my kitchen these days.bugger lol

uli, Apr 10, 6:04am
We have no autumn here yet - except all the produce coming at once: pumpkins, chestnuts, feijoas, apples, pears, nashi, quinces, grapes and lots of courgettes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, the first chines cabbages and the last cucumbers, lots of basil - so summer goes on a bit longer here :)

maysept, Apr 10, 10:07am
I miss my Blue Lakes! I was talked into trying another variety this season and they aren't anywhere near as good, I can't wait till next season to grow my favourite beans again.