OTT: Help with Thermadrape cleaning please!!!

rotorbladz, Mar 28, 7:02am
Friend (yes a friend) moved into a house in the weekend. On the back side of the curtains I.E: therma drape side has oil/grease from cats rubbing on it and also fur.
Any suggestions for getting this off.

TIA

lilyfield, Mar 28, 8:56am
wash them

jessie981, Mar 28, 8:58am

rotorbladz, Mar 28, 9:03am
Very 'funny'.
I could see someone more naeve than moi throwing them in the washing machine on a hot wash.
Don't think the oil is just going to vanish by washing them.

rotorbladz, Mar 28, 9:04am
Thanks will pass this on.

nauru, Mar 28, 7:05pm
Try using friend direct on the stain and then wash.Make sure that you take them out of the machine as soon as the cycle is finished to avoid the thermal backing sticking to itself or the backing will come off.

lx4000, Mar 28, 7:19pm
Hellllooooo bath tub!! I used to wash all my curtains in the bath and stand on them!! Samewhen rinsing them out.Wonder/Sard soap might help. Then napisan soak for a bit if they can handle it. Have fun:)

camper18, Mar 28, 9:16pm
Be aware.If you wash them they will shrink. Even when my daughter had hers dry cleaned after a fire in her laundry which sent smoke through the house the curtains still shrunk.

elliehen, Mar 28, 9:51pm
We bought a caravan with Thermadrape curtains from people who must have been serious smokers, judging by the smoke stink in the curtains.

lx4000's gentle bathtub wash did the trick, followed by a windy day on the clothes line.

bluecalico, Mar 29, 1:27am
I have washed thermadrapes in washing machine and never had any trouble with shrinkage. Gentle wash......didn't overload machine.....very pleased with results.

kay141, Mar 29, 2:47am
Me too. No problems at all with shrinkage or the backing cracking etc. Wool wash on a gentle cycle.

datoofairy, Mar 29, 2:50am
I have machinewashed thermaldrape lots of times. I'd scrub the stains with Sunlight soap and then wash.

rubyjane11, Mar 29, 8:01am
gentle wash in the machine...no problems

jessie981, Mar 29, 8:11am
Good old pure sunlight soap. Can remember when mum used to wash my hair with it.