Storing chillis

welderman, Mar 27, 4:06am
what is the best way to store heaps of fresh chillis, can i pick them then freeze. or do i need to do something to them first. or am i better to dry them in oven and store in a jar. thanks

bikernutrr, Mar 27, 4:08am
Put straight in the freezer.

davidt4, Mar 27, 4:08am
I make a garland of chillis with needle & heavy thread, string it up in an airy place and they keep perfectly for at least a year as I gradually use them up.

dollertree, Mar 27, 6:31pm
Just as #2.....i wash and put it in freezer straight way. I have about 3kg of chillis which will last about 10 months. When you take out of freeze it's like fresh....so i dont have to worry about buying it everytime.

fisher, Mar 28, 2:48am
everytime I go out and pick my fresh red chillies, it reminds me that they are 4.95 for 6 in the supermarket... wash dry label bag and freeze... I also like to blend the three types of chillies I grow by drying them in the dehydrator and then whizz them up to a powder in the ninja... The heat intensifies three + times...

wildflower, Mar 28, 2:49am
I've got a bagful frozen, all the recipes I've seen only used about one, it's going to take me a long time to used them up at that rate!!

dollertree, Mar 28, 6:31pm
Just as #2.i wash and put it in freezer straight way. I have about 3kg of chillis which will last about 10 months. When you take out of freeze it's like fresh.so i dont have to worry about buying it everytime.

fisher, Mar 29, 2:48am
everytime I go out and pick my fresh red chillies, it reminds me that they are 4.95 for 6 in the supermarket. wash dry label bag and freeze. I also like to blend the three types of chillies I grow by drying them in the dehydrator and then whizz them up to a powder in the ninja. The heat intensifies three + times.

wildflower, Mar 29, 2:49am
I've got a bagful frozen, all the recipes I've seen only used about one, it's going to take me a long time to used them up at that rate!