Making frittata for first time

fishergrl, Mar 27, 2:03am
currently have roast potato and pumpkin (tonights dinner leftovers) spinach and feta going in.
My question is will this freeze ok?
I am trying to cook my lunches for the week ahead so if you know something i should add or omit please let me know TIA

radark, Mar 27, 3:24am
well presumably you will be adding eggs and cream but its not really suitable to freeze as the egg mixture breaks down and goes watery...i'd be tempted to add ham and rosemary for some flavour or some kind of pest to add a bit of oomph

rainrain1, Mar 27, 4:21am
It will freeze cooked just fine

fishergrl, Mar 27, 4:46am
yay i have just popped it in the oven - I am pretty excited. hope it turns out well.I chucked some ham in too since i bought extra this week.

fishergrl, Mar 27, 5:39am
yay a big thumbs up for the frittata absolutely delish.My only complaint is its a little on the salty side - prob from the ham and the roast vege, but thats ok it just means i have smaller portions and more water and salad to go with it.

rainrain1, Mar 27, 5:49am
If at first you don't succeed try try try again..... it smells good though :-)

fishergrl, Mar 27, 6:23am
yeah its such a tasty way to have loads of vege, cant over the fact that i didn't know about this dish till now.

thanks for the help :)

fishergrl, Mar 28, 2:03am
currently have roast potato and pumpkin (tonights dinner leftovers) spinach and feta going in.
My question is will this freeze ok!
I am trying to cook my lunches for the week ahead so if you know something i should add or omit please let me know TIA

radark, Mar 28, 3:24am
well presumably you will be adding eggs and cream but its not really suitable to freeze as the egg mixture breaks down and goes watery.i'd be tempted to add ham and rosemary for some flavour or some kind of pest to add a bit of oomph

rainrain1, Mar 28, 5:49am
If at first you don't succeed try try try again. it smells good though :-)

fishergrl, Mar 28, 6:23am
yeah its such a tasty way to have loads of vege, cant over the fact that i didn't know about this dish till now.

thanks for the help :)