Mackenzie2

macwood2, Mar 26, 10:59pm
Would you mind giving me your recipe for pineapple chutney please.And as for the beef - french onion soup mix, horseradish and whole grain mustard - is that it?How long do I put that on before cooking please.Also your choc mud cake for the dessert would be much appreciated, if that is possible.Thankyou.

macwood2, Mar 27, 3:26am
mackenzie are you around today?

kinna54, Mar 27, 4:33am
Yep thats it for the beef. Marinade it for a couple of hours.
Are you serving your pineapple chutney with the ham? sounds delicious.

macwood2, Mar 27, 6:50am
Yes kinna I am hoping to make the chutney to serve with the ham.I do make another pineapple sauce that I serve with ham - I don't like it that much but others love it.Back to the beef -do you recommend this for a wedding.I guess i am asking- is it fantastic?

kinna54, Mar 27, 7:36am
It was awesome, absolutely delicious and just melted in the mouth. I am assuming that's what it was as those were the flavours I identified, and it was so similar to the way I used to prepare it.I assume it was a strip loin cut as all slices were rectangular and even. On the platter it looked like a golden-brown pebble grain type crust, just edging the meat.It had no garnishes,(didn't need it) was just served on a long white platter, *as were most of the dishes*.The wedding I attended was at a winery estate, quite an exclusive place and a very professional type chef. (or he looked it). I would definitely give it a go.

macwood2, Mar 27, 10:59pm
Would you mind giving me your recipe for pineapple chutney please.And as for the beef - french onion soup mix, horseradish and whole grain mustard - is that it!How long do I put that on before cooking please.Also your choc mud cake for the dessert would be much appreciated, if that is possible.Thankyou.

macwood2, Mar 28, 3:26am
mackenzie are you around today!

mackenzie2, Mar 28, 4:03am
Hi, Pineapple chutney = Drain 1kg crushed pineapple, sit pineapple aside, To the juice add 8 cloves, 3/4 cup of vinegar 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 cup sugar, simmer uncovered for about 10 mins (till it thickens) add pineapple, bring to boil, them cool, keeps om froedge fpr 2 - 3 months

mackenzie2, Mar 28, 4:05am
When I do a fillet of beef, I just smear the whole top of it with a whole seed mustard,and cook it in a really hot over until it is hot in the middle, I then rest it for 10 mins, the thin end bits are for those who don't like it pink, the thick end is perfect for those who like it rare,Someone else posted the horseradish receipe.

mackenzie2, Mar 28, 4:09am
Now..... Choc mud cake, this is embarrassing, I cheat and buy the slab cakes from Bidvest, they have the most moist choclate mud cake, I get 40 slices per cake, (generous serve) and I serve it on a bed of berry sauce, and have cream and thick youg beside it, bowls always come back clean... The cakes are about $20 - $25 each, and on the night after the main and all the dishes, it a great stress free dessert

kinna54, Mar 28, 4:33am
Yep thats it for the beef. Marinade it for a couple of hours.
Are you serving your pineapple chutney with the ham! sounds delicious.

macwood2, Mar 28, 6:50am
Yes kinna I am hoping to make the chutney to serve with the ham.I do make another pineapple sauce that I serve with ham - I don't like it that much but others love it.Back to the beef -do you recommend this for a wedding.I guess i am asking- is it fantastic!

kinna54, Mar 28, 7:36am
It was awesome, absolutely delicious and just melted in the mouth. I am assuming that's what it was as those were the flavours I identified, and it was so similar to the way I used to prepare it.I assume it was a strip loin cut as all slices were rectangular and even. On the platter it looked like a golden-brown pebble grain type crust, just edging the meat.It had no garnishes,(didn't need it) was just served on a long white platter, *as were most of the dishes*.The wedding I attended was at a winery estate, quite an exclusive place and a very professional type chef. (or he looked it). I would definitely give it a go.

macwood2, Mar 28, 8:12am
Thanks very much mackenzie for your help - much appreciated.I will make my choc cakes this time as it is a special occasion but i will look into the slab cakes.Where is Bidvest?

mackenzie2, Mar 28, 9:00pm
Bidvest are a food service company they are NZ wide, goggle to see if they have awarehouse in your area, I made the coke cola cake that I got from here, I made it in sponge roll tins and drizzled choc on top for a plate of petite 4's that we did at a wedding last weekend, that was lovely, really chocolatly without being sickly, Best of luck with your catering

mackenzie2, Mar 29, 4:03am
Hi, Pineapple chutney = Drain 1kg crushed pineapple, sit pineapple aside, To the juice add 8 cloves, 3/4 cup of vinegar 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 cup sugar, simmer uncovered for about 10 mins (till it thickens) add pineapple, bring to boil, them cool, remove cloves keeps in fridge for 2 - 3 months

mackenzie2, Mar 29, 4:05am
When I do a fillet of beef, I just smear the whole top of it with a whole seed mustard,and cook it in a really hot oven until it is hot in the middle, I then rest it for 10 mins, the thin end bits are for those who don't like it pink, the thick end is perfect for those who like it rare,Someone else posted the horseradish receipe.

mackenzie2, Mar 29, 4:09am
Now. Choc mud cake, this is embarrassing, I cheat and buy the slab cakes from Bidvest, they have the most moist choclate mud cake, I get 40 slices per cake, (generous serve) and I serve it on a bed of berry sauce, and have cream and thick youg beside it, bowls always come back clean. The cakes are about $20 - $25 each, and on the night after the main and all the dishes, it a great stress free dessert

macwood2, Mar 29, 8:12am
Thanks very much mackenzie for your help - much appreciated.I will make my choc cakes this time as it is a special occasion but i will look into the slab cakes.Where is Bidvest!

mackenzie2, Mar 29, 9:00pm
Bidvest are a food service company they are NZ wide, goggle to see if they have awarehouse in your area, I made the coke cola cake that I got from here, I made it in sponge roll tins and drizzled choc on top for a plate of petite 4's that we did at a wedding last weekend, that was lovely, really chocolatly without being sickly, Best of luck with your catering