Tan Square

free-h-oldies, Mar 26, 5:29am
Has anyone got a recipe for Tan square, I have heaps of recipe books but none of them have it in it.

lmarsh, Mar 26, 5:46am
Is this what you're looking for

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/recipes/tan-square.html

amanda72, Mar 26, 5:54am
I just made the above Tan Square recipe earlier today and my husband loves it!! First time I have made Tan Square and it's a success!!

kiwigoldie, Mar 26, 6:24am
caramel crumble - quick and easy and yummmm
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter & sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!! Caramel Topping: 1/2 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbsp golden syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 57g (2oz) butter. Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly. Base: 1&1/2 cups flour. 1 tsp baking powder, 114g (1/2 cup) sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 114g (4oz) melted butter. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence & the melted butter & mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture. Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.

To make it more special I sometimes add a handful of chocolate drops OR a handful of chopped walnuts to the crumbly topping mixture.

I got this one from a TM member...it its really nice....

jessie981, Mar 26, 6:36am
Yum my fav along with ginger crunch

free-h-oldies, Mar 26, 7:12am
thankyou all for your help

lmarsh, Mar 27, 5:46am
Is this what you're looking for

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/recipes/tan-square.html

amanda72, Mar 27, 5:54am
I just made the above Tan Square recipe earlier today and my husband loves it! First time I have made Tan Square and it's a success!

kiwigoldie, Mar 27, 6:24am
caramel crumble - quick and easy and yummmm
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter & sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat! Caramel Topping: 1/2 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk, 2 tbsp golden syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 57g (2oz) butter. Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly. Base: 1&1/2 cups flour. 1 tsp baking powder, 114g (1/2 cup) sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 114g (4oz) melted butter. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence & the melted butter & mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture. Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.

To make it more special I sometimes add a handful of chocolate drops OR a handful of chopped walnuts to the crumbly topping mixture.

I got this one from a TM member.it its really nice.