ink stains any tips please???

omakaumum, Feb 12, 7:18am
A biro pen snapped in my pocket of my one and only pair of jeans and I don't seem to be able to remove it, any ideas?

sue1955, Feb 12, 7:28am
Can you pull the lining of the pocket outside the jeans? If so, try soaking the lining in milk, then wash in cold water. If you have tried other products to remove the stain, you may have 'set' it unfortunately.

allie12, Feb 12, 11:34pm
I have use hairspray on ink and it seems to work

not_a_hoarder, Feb 13, 12:51am
First, saturate material with an alcohol-based hair spray (this seems to be a very popular method). The alcohol content in the hair spray will break up the ink. Be sure to place an absorbent paper towel or rag under the stain to catch the excess. You then need to blot the stain with a rag. Repeat the process until the stain is removed, then launder as usual.

For more stain removal tips, refer to "The Official Stain Removal Thread". Happy to help.

godilf, Feb 13, 12:55am
White vinegar?

cappucino1, Feb 13, 1:27am
Hi, Target the consumer affairs programme on TV3 last week looked at stain removers and they found that WD 40 (like CRC) that you typically use to prevent rust and corrosion or as a lubricant for metal etc, also works well as a stain remover. They tested ink and found that by just spraying a bit onto the stain and then throwing the garment in the wash it came out clean.

Can't say that it was something that I would ever have thought of trying but now if I ever have an ink stain I may just take a trip to the garage first!

maandpa2b, Aug 8, 10:56am
Thanks cappucino... . I'll try it out next time too.